Hey If Anyone Needs Advice On Repairs Just Ask

hey. well im loz. real name lawrence butl oz is better.

i have a zoo pitbull at the moment with a pretty nice spec

i live in skegness so if anyone is down around that area anytime soon ive been riding a couple of years so know some good spots so just leave a message here and well organise a rids

well. basically i have built a fair few complete bikes and theres nothing i dont know how to do on a trials bike (repair wise. not too good at the old riding part)

anyway if anybody needs advice on how to carry out any repairs at all just leave me a message and i will help you as best as i can and well get it sorted. i have learned most of my know how through books, the internet, my local cycle shop and tinkering (dont try this it's theexpensive way to learn but also best as you can learn rom mistakes.

anyway sorry about the essay.

happy riding.

I have got an old onza t-pro model (2002 I think), its one of the old ones so I need some sort of block to fit maguras. I am in the process of fitting hs33s.

I was wondering if it's worth buying a new frame, which is enviable then fitting the brakes on to that. The only problem is that I will have to get a need isis bottom bracket because I had to like hammer mining in the first few threads, and I don’t think it will come out.

In short- shall I buy frame now and buy new bottom bracket or shall I not get a new frame at all and just get some blocks to fit maguras.

O yea and another problem I have is my bb/cranks make a clanging sound when they go round. I have a monty ISIS BB and Zoo cranks. When they are tightened up they have no feelable movement, but when the nut is out there is a tiny bit of give in it.

Do I need new BB or cranks?

Edited by ibi123

I have got an old onza t-pro model (2002 I think), its one of the old ones so I need some sort of block to fit maguras. I am in the process of fitting hs33s.

I was wondering if it's worth buying a new frame, which is enviable then fitting the brakes on to that. The only problem is that I will have to get a need isis bottom bracket because I had to like hammer mining in the first few threads, and I don’t think it will come out.

The mounts on the frame in your avatar are fine for HS33's.

Il try and explain. See the 2 raised bocks welded on the frame on my avatar. The four bolt clamps do not reach across to the onther block. However I have four holes at the back( right side only) two on the raised blocks welded on and 2 lower holes in between them. I need a block to raise one of the inside holes so the four bolt clamps will reach.

Get me?

Look at the bike in this picture

http://www.onza.com/bikes/stock/traptorle1600.jpg

I have the same mounts as that and notice it has maguras on it which do not reach across.

well first things first. i think your frame has adjustable mounts so that you can run either a 19 or 20 inch rim. what brakes did you have on your frame before u got ur maguras? also if you were using a vee break then you will have to remove the vee brake adaptors. by the looks of ur display picture your frame does have 4 bolt mounts so you will need them if they didnt come with them. have a look on tartys.

secondly your cranks. my first thaught is that you have stripped the initial threads of your frame. this would allow the bottom bracket to rock slightly while riding but you wouldnt be able to feel it with just your hands as it will only rock when a substantial weight is put on it. there are many other things this noise could be.it could be your crank arms hitting on ur frame slightly. your bearings could also be worn in your bb. how long have you haf it? i did enineering at college and hammering into threads is a terrible idea what possesed u? silly boy. to get ur bb out pour boiling water over the bb area this should expand the alloy frame slightly and try taking bb out while frame is as hot as possible. post a picture of your brakes and your frame mounts if you can.

cheers

loz

the bolt shouldnt snap. bolts are very strong and made ot of low carbon steel mainly so that they can flex.

and well if the tpro is knackered a new frame sounds good lol. plus everyone likes a change. to be honest imm nore of a 26 inch man lol.

u thort about maybe an echo lite? theyre really nice frames and not too expenive.