Websites

PhilFromLuton

HELLOOO

ok... Websites!

tell me whats your favorite and why! ...in as much detail as you can.

reason being, im working on a new site that should be pretty rad once we get its structure off the ground, so tell me what you like lookin at and why, pleeeease

>>pointers

- why do you like the look of it

- does its flow of information work well

- is its easy to navigate your way through the site

- what makes you keep going back to that website

- what would make that website (or an aspect of it) better

- what's kinda stuff do you think is missing from the internet?

- do you use the internet more than your TV?

...and anything else related you'd like to share

thank you :)

Phil

Sounds alot like part of my research I had to do recently at College

I chose Turnmills as a flash based site, ASOS as Database based and a random design firms site as Html based

The ASOS one, deleted the others from the computer..

This is a website for the company ASOS, It’s designed using HTML and has database connectivity. It was designed around using a database because this allows the site to be updated quickly so new stock and information can be added quickly and easily. The site was designed to be used with the screen resolution 1024*768, using a lower resolution results in having to scroll horizontally as well as vertically. When re-sizing the browser manually, the site page doesn’t re-size to fit the browser screen like some other sites do. The purpose of the site is to sell the products shown and also give information to the viewer.

The industry area for this website is men’s and woman’s clothing as well as other accessories. The target audience is roughly male and female aged between 16-28. I think the site is very user friendly and meets the needs of the viewer well. All of the products are displayed cleanly and through the use of the simple navigation, everything can be found quickly and easily. The navigation is a simple text-based vertical drop down menu. There are main titles with sub-titles branched off them. This is all blocked off by using a different colour to the background which makes finding the navigation very easy. The site also loads very quickly which makes it more user friendly as there is no waiting for the pages to load. I was attracted to the site initially by some mail I received; I then regularly viewed it again because of the professionalism and the content.

• 2 weeks later...