Computer Problem, Shuts Down When Booting Up :|

Ingram

Hey, i just put my old computer back together (bits i had lying around) anyway, when i turned it on all good until not long it just turned it self off, didn't even get to the windows screen (one that has the blue bar on service pack two). So i tried to turn it on again and it didn't even get that far, after the motherboard bleeped it turned off.

If i leave it and come back to it, it will get just to the windows screen and turn its self off again, you try again and same thing happens, doesn't get very far. I don't have a clue what it could be other than a heat problem? and that the motherboard is shutting down so it don't cause any problems but i don't know.

Anyway if someone could help me out id greatly appreciate it. I have msn if it would be easier to talk on their, Thanks loads in advance :D

Yeah, I was gonna suggest that. Don't do that too many times - over 80 degrees can damage some CPUs.

Check the heatsink is on properly, nice and flush. If it is, try it with some new thermal paste.

yer i brought a new back plate cause mine snapped and the plastic housing for the cpu was too high so it wasnt sitting on it =]