Tips For Coasting (manual)

gaza

Im really impress by this trick on many videos and i wouldlove to be able to do it.But actually trying to pull it off is so difficult im trying to shift my weight but as soon as i pull up i lean way too much to one side. And im just a hopeless wreck.

Any tips anyone i would be much oblighed. :)

i went from bmxing to trials and found it hard at 1st

keep you're arms as straight as poss lean back but keep you're legs slightly bent and use then to ether lower the front or bring the front back up.

easier option but i found harder to do on a trials bike because the back break is so good, just touch the back break every now and then to bring the front down if you feel like you are going over the back

hope this helps

Edited by stuie

i find it easier when i was learning to add a lil wheelie to get the bike up but when it was up,tap the brake if you want it going down and lean back if you want the bike to rise also use your hips to turn.

works for me anyway.

i went from bmxing to trials and found it hard at 1st

keep you're arms as straight as poss lean back but keep you're legs slightly bent and use then to ether lower the front or bring the front back up.

easier option but i found harder to do on a trials bike because the back break is so good, just touch the back break every now and then to bring the front down if you feel like you are going over the back

hope this helps

yeah thanks buddy. yeah you tap the brake and its like WHAM you fly back down again ill give it a try though with the straight arms. (Y)

yeah thanks buddy. yeah you tap the brake and its like WHAM you fly back down again ill give it a try though with the straight arms. (Y)

no problem at all dude.

if you need to kow anything else just give me a shout

and add me as a friend on here and i will answer anything you need, if i can't i am sure that some one i ride with in NBR CYCLES.COM will be able to help you

:D

The main thing to do is to find your balancing point. :)

and the best way to do that is by putting you're back wheel against a wall and just leaning back and lifting the front wheel uptill it feels bout rite then lift you're feet and hold it there..

that should give you a rough idea of you're balancing point

Some people find wearing a backpack with summat heavy-ish in it helps.

All in all, just practise.

i have tried that but it felt very very strange as soon as you're riding around with out a bag on, plus it can also throw you off balance by a strap of the bag moving or something like that

If you're not getting your front high enough, lean back, push your heels forward and your toes back, that gives the back a little shunt forward and brings the front up. Once you've got manualling down you can use that to keep a slow manual going a bit further and giving you a bit of a boost.

If your frames got a long back end manuals are an absolute b*****d (yet still entirely possible)..

If your going of the back, weight to the front and feather, feather, the back brake and that should sort you out!

Learning on a hill is always best, mess about with various gradients