Gu Le

Tom_

Well my pure has a crack in it, so Im looking to buy a new frame, now my budget is 300 at the very most, and the GU LE caught my eye, its light and has reasonable sounding geo. (the other frame that apeals is the 07 czar) However other than what I read on tarty I know very little about this frame. I was just wondering if anyone owns one? and if so how are they finding the ride?

Any info is apreicated :)

xx

Travs 'zar is nice. Although the long is longgg. It feals huge.

Nice to ride. Feals like you can through it...

Yea my mate had the short one, It was really nice. Hes got an ozonys now, thats super nice although abit to expensive for me :) The geo on the LE isnt thattttt different though and lighter and kinda looks nicer IMO.

Just wondering as my memory serves I hear mixed things about the LE.

if i were you tom i would go for the bionic b1 or the neon frame from trial uk, they have mint geos and are cheep, which would save you some dollar to raplace your tank of a front wheel LOL.

the above frames are really mint plus they are a tiny bit shorter than the gu le and the czar which would suit your short arse mint???

also you know you should listen to me mate im never wrong LOL

Yea bionic is quite tempting. The neon has mod rear spacing though which is pretty crap.

But I can get the GU cheap anyway ;)

yea i just remembered that, thats real shit them frames look mint as hell.

but trust me mate for the dollar the bionic looks real nice and the geo would be better for you than the le (lower bb, shorter wheele base and beter head angle)

Edited by ABTRIALS1

Hey there, i don't have time to write a proper or full review so i won't try. I have had the Gu for about a month now and the first day i got it i went on a decent ride riding 75% natural and 25% street. After the initial discomfort that you would experience riding any frame for the first time i started to really relax into it actually doing things i had'nt been able to before. What really struck me is how light the frame is, especially for a deng frame. This however doent not appear to compramise the strength of it, but primarily shaves off the excess material used in other deng frames which seem to be overbuilt. (However, this does meant no brake booster, but this can be rectified with a small simple booster such as the echo 2 bolt or maybe the new carbon trial tech, as the flex is not terrible in this area).

The geometry for me is spot on, the bb rise is at an optimum height so that it gives the advantages of a responsive and active pedal action without making you feel like you are going to backflip (as you might find with higher bb frames). The 383mm chan stays may seem quite short, but they have not hindered my ability to gap, and with the relatively medium height of the bb you shouldn't really have a problem.

Thats all i have time for, feel free to PM me if you want any other info on the bike, but as i say i would reccommend it.

• 2 months later...

Hi

I have a gu le and evrytime the front is of the floor it seems to nosedive i am not sure if it is the frame or it is just me getting used to the frame. If you get 1 and yours nosedives then please pm me or add me on msn: matthew_i_uk@yahoo.com and let me know so i can stop worrying thanks.

I have a gu le and evrytime the front is of the floor it seems to nosedive i am not sure if it is the frame or it is just me getting used to the frame.

By 'nosedive' do you mean you can't keep it on the backwheel? As this could be either your technique, or your front wheel is quite heavy + your a weakling :P