Leaps And Bounds

psycholist

Just took delivery of 'Leaps and Bounds - the story of biketrial' today. At least 2 hours of watching in it and it's very enjoyable. The number of trials legends, past and present interviewed was just amazing. No mention of the Martins apart from Hans Rey pointing them out in a photo in one of his segments, but the Danny Holroyd section was class - apart from one really nasty crash :(.

The extras are brilliant - I found an easter egg of a computer generated trials rider using a computer generated cow as a take-off and landing spot hidden on the DVD too...

Edited by psycholist

• 2 months later...

agreed, bit of an underrate production considering desmond put a lot of effect into it, went pretty much all over the world, gone through a lot of old footage and research on some legends that are still around...

i like it because there's a decent amount of riding, though overall gives me a better insight into the root of trials, not just the modern scenes where it's full of ridiculously massive moves and people trying to impress others (although sometimes enjoyable as well), though it does show how competitive the current pro's are..

steve