Argh! Hope Mono Trial Problem

Rob Thomson

with much difficulty.

there is a circlip inside the lever (a right lil begger to get to too!!!)

you need to pop that out and re-install it, you may need a new brass washer inthere for good measure, as they usually get damaged when they are ripped out.

sorry to trip the bad news mate, but usually (if you dont have a decent set of circlip pliers) its best your LBS does it.

Wayne.

Be warned that when you take the circlip out the piston in the lever can pop out and spill oil everywhere. I used a small screwdriver and a few cable ties to keep pressure on the piston while I removed the circlip and installed a new washer on a set of Hayes brakes that had the same thing happen them.

with much difficulty.

there is a circlip inside the lever (a right lil begger to get to too!!!)

you need to pop that out and re-install it, you may need a new brass washer inthere for good measure, as they usually get damaged when they are ripped out.

sorry to trip the bad news mate, but usually (if you dont have a decent set of circlip pliers) its best your LBS does it.

Wayne.

Righty cool, the circlip and washer and still here and look fairly intact, ill nip along to my LBS tomorrow and see about it!

Cheers Wayne!

Rob

the other way to do it to NOT loose oil is to clamp the lever in a vice obviously wrapped in a rag so it does not mark the master cylinder.

then take circlip out so that when you remove it the plunger "pulls out" upwards? so the oil is like bathed then when you remove it and put the new washer and circlip back in it hasnt lost any oil.

Wayne.