Tyke Trial

Sam Oliver

Is it enter on the day?

No, no, no .....

My new assistant's photocopier broke down (or something like that) and she was unable to photocopy for us. As it was, she put the entry forms in the post to everyone on Friday night and should be with you tomorrow. Send them straight back ...

After over 50% of entries on the day at the last event (88 riders), we cannot let this continue. Pre-entry only lads ... there's no excuse, the entry form is available now on-line to either download or pay and enter on-line HERE

See you on Sunday (weather's looking good)! (Y)

Barbara

is that the venue thats in lancashire off of the west side of the m6, was a new one last year? cant remember what it was called but it may have been ,

rob

Thats the one Rob. carry on through colne as if you were coming to Addingham.

just as you drop into crosshills you will see the salt and pepper pot on the hill to your right hand side, Turn up Dick lane in Cowling it's up there.

hope that makes sence

see you there.

John.

Edited by robster

is that the venue thats in lancashire off of the west side of the m6, was a new one last year? cant remember what it was called but it may have been ,

rob

I think you're thinking of Lindale, nr Grange over Sands Rob.

Cowling Pinnacle is on the hillside on the opposite side of the valley from Addingham Moorside. Directions on the entry form, easy to find.

Congratulations Mr Peacock for getting your entry in as the very first!!!!! Gold star for you (Y)

B

No, no, no .....

My new assistant's photocopier broke down (or something like that) and she was unable to photocopy for us. As it was, she put the entry forms in the post to everyone on Friday night and should be with you tomorrow. Send them straight back ...

After over 50% of entries on the day at the last event (88 riders), we cannot let this continue. Pre-entry only lads ... there's no excuse, the entry form is available now on-line to either download or pay and enter on-line HERE

See you on Sunday (weather's looking good)! (Y)

Barbara

Just got it today.

This venue was a bad one for us last year as i sold my bike at the start of the Trial,

the buyer let me use it to ride the Trial, i fell off on a section & my bike rolled down

the hillside & landed upside down on a rock smashing the toptube. :(

Had to give him his money back. :sick:

dont be sorry pat, we can tag team john, it wouldnt take much ;) hes only a yorkshire weed :P

hahaha - yes it is a very "rocky" and can be dangerous if bikes do roll off down the hill side (Y):)

Wayne.

You had best bring some mates lads.!!!!! ;)

I have been up at lunch time to look at the land. It is the next field down to what we used last year as the farmer is grazing his sheep on that one.

It looks ok will be challenging to get ten sections but we will have to see how it goes when I have had a better look on Sat.

I will be needing some help to set out so if any one wants to help out I will be starting at 9 / 10 'o' clock on Sat.

see you there.

JP

FAB trial, just what i needed as a kick up the back side to get me back into it.

Sections for yellow and red were good (nice and tricky and some a bit hard) i think blue and green WERE hard, but that im sure will be rectified.

Congratulations to ALL who turned up and ALL who finished, it was a hard day with wind, rain, snow and hail stone, and a bit of sunshine thrown in for good measure. :lol:

Thanks to all the observers who braved the weather also, most of them seemed happy even after they had been through the pouring rain and the freezing cold hail stone.

Wayne.

yer trial was good, had alot of fun, weather was runnish but i dont think it mattered to much. I thought the sections were good, on my last lap they were pritty hard lol, the 1st section up the hill was like riding in a swamp at the start lol. 22 wasa good score in those conditions i think wayne, I think it could have been cleaned in the dry.

We didn't beat John up but don't think he deserved it after observing in those conditions, big thanks to the observers, to stand around all day voluntaraly in those conditions takes some effort.

yer trial was good, had alot of fun, weather was runnish but i dont think it mattered to much. I thought the sections were good, on my last lap they were pritty hard lol, the 1st section up the hill was like riding in a swamp at the start lol. 22 wasa good score in those conditions i think wayne, I think it could have been cleaned in the dry.

We didn't beat John up but don't think he deserved it after observing in those conditions, big thanks to the observers, to stand around all day voluntaraly in those conditions takes some effort.

Yeh thanks Pat for letting me off I was scared to death when you and Wayne came round to my section. :unsure:

Had a right laugh watching you lot slip sliding down my hill. :-:lol: Matt Holdsworth fell from the top all the way down I laughed so much I nearly bought a round of drinks........ :S And Buckies manual straight in to rock was a killer >_<

Watch out for more hill climb sections in the future,

Well done to all who stuck it out.

JP

Yeh thanks Pat for letting me off I was scared to death when you and Wayne came round to my section.
haha could see it in your eyes and your hands were shaking when you were trying to punch the card, oh wiat maybe that was the weather :P