Huddersfield Falcon Biketrial Round 1

crazy_gap girl

This was orginally posted in trials chat, but it really needs to be in news!

The first Huddersfield Falcon trial for about a year, they stopped due to lack of riders, thats mainly down to it being unknown to cycle trials. So i have been told to spread the word. These trials are perfect for new members/young/beginners.

This trial will be held at Neathermoor Farm, Thewlis Lane, South Crossland, Huddersfield and will start at 1PM

This club runs by the ACU so you will need a license. But for this first trial you dont have to worry so much about it as it's the first and its short notice.

You can download the ACU forms here: http://www.acu.org.uk/uploaded/documents/2...tion%20Form.pdf

There will only be 3 classes for this trial: (if more experienced riders join, another class will be added)

Biginners

Novice

Intermediate

If you would like to ride this trial then you can download the entry form here: http://www.nadinestaniforth.co.uk/Huddersf...%201%20regs.pdf

If you would like any more info about Huddersfield Falcons check out the website here: http://www.falconmcc.co.uk/ Or PM me.

I will ask Rob if he fancies it, if he does we will come and have a play.

Can I ask why you are running it on Sat ? I like the 1pm start, however you may well get more riders if you ra it on Sunday as a lot of riders, riders parents work on Sat.

How are the levels worked out, what class does Rob need to do as he is 10 but not a beginner, and me 37 rubbish but up for anything.

I think that all the Northern tykes lot should try and support this club as I know how much hard work goes into running these events,

Cleckhuddersfax is not far for most of you.

I will put the word around locally.

See you on Sat (work permiting)

Good luck.

John

Edited by robster

Bill Swallow used to arrange the trials, now (Bob Speight) a parent of one of the riders has stepped in along side Bill but its mostly Bob thats sorted it all out and i think the reason for why its on sat is because his lad plays rugby on a sunday.

Me and Bob are setting the sections out on friday afternoon.

The beginner course is more or less just riding over tricky little rocks and tight turns, were novice is quite a big step up and requires more hopping and inter will run quite near novice but with a few more tricky hills and drops.

So i should think he would be good in Novice.

Neathermoor is such a good place it has a good verity. Its also very sheltered if it does rain.

Well all sections have been set out.

Just to recap:

Beginner: White Flags

Novice: Yellow Flags

Inter: Red or Blue Flags

There are 7 sections, either 3 or 4 laps depending on the weather.

If you still want to ride at this trial and your worried you havent got you entry form in then you can enter on the day, bring your entry form with you!

See you all there!

Well all sections have been set out.

Just to recap:

Beginner: White Flags

Novice: Yellow Flags

Inter: Red or Blue Flags

There are 7 sections, either 3 or 4 laps depending on the weather.

If you still want to ride at this trial and your worried you havent got you entry form in then you can enter on the day, bring your entry form with you!

See you all there!

Hi Nadine do you have a setting or address for a sat nav please.

Robbie and I intend on coming but don't know where to go.

Thanks.

Jp and RP

Hi Nadine do you have a setting or address for a sat nav please.

Robbie and I intend on coming but don't know where to go.

Thanks.

Jp and RP

Yeah there is maps, On the main road that turns off towards nethermoor we've put flags and a sign on the side of the wall you cant miss it really as theres a huge rock with carved writing into it. i think its 'Johnson's quarry'

Once turned on to that road its a long winding road carry on till you see cars we will be signing on, on that top road anyway.

Edited by crazy_gap girl