Type Of Helmet

jimseyd

i have a diamondback full face helmet that is really light (only 800 grams or so), and i was wondering what people see in normal helmets.

i wear a full face because i do dh as well and i have a massive fear of faceplants!

i also have a uvex helmet but dont like it that much.

yeah go for cross country lid, after all if you face plant its not like your hittin 30mph on a downhill course in the forest is it??

they might not look very "cool" but they're light and gonn let you see easier, nd last but not least gonna stop you from crackin your skull.

:shifty:

My helmet weights 140g, so compared to your 'light' 800g helmet it'd be like not wearing one at all.

You'll get over your fear once you keep riding and fall off a few times, realising you're more likely to fall backwards and hit the back/side of your head than fall face first.

As has been said, with trials and its relitively slow speeds, you'll usually be able to get your hands out to save your face before anything untoward happens to your Hollywood smile.