Echo Sprockets

Skoze

Hey guys,

Just thought i'd see if anyone else has had any problems with the echo screw on 18T sprockets?

I put mine on, got bike sorted for what would have been this weekends London ride, all seemed fine. Went for a little ride to bed in the disc, make sure everything was working well, and it felt as though something in my drive train was slipping when i turned the cranks under a bit of power.

First thought was that my hub was skipping/ not engaging properly, but as i looked into it, with a bit of power i could turn the cranks without the sprocket moving.

Took it off the bike, thought it had stripped the thread off the crank, but when i got the sprocket off the threads were damaged, but nothing major enough to make this happen. I then measured up the thread on the sprocket against my old try-all freewheel, and the innner diameter is over 1mm wider than that of the try-all, so the cranks were turning inside those threads.

Busted out my dads engineering book from the loft, measured things, checked the tolerances, and according to those, it was a really sub-standard component.

Basically seeing if anyone else has had any issues with them, or if i've just got a dodgy one.

Matt

hmm are you running a bashring if so which one?

Matx

Did Have a hen on it, and about a milimetre or two of the thread wasn't on the crank, so it still has 10mm on it.

Also, after use, how did you get yours off?

Matt

Edited by Skoze

Did Have a hen on it, and about a milimetre or two of the thread wasn't on the crank, so it still has 10mm on it.

Also, after use, how did you get yours off?

Matt

put it in a vice and turned the crank with a big pole on the end pretty much.

Matx