Monty Kamel Mod Frames

uldis

Hello,

I have a question about monty 221 kamel frames...

I know, they're light and they ride awesome...

But I don't know how strong they are.

Has anyone broken kamel frame?

Comments welcome ;)

uldis

Edited by uldis

Hello,

I have a question about monty 221 kamel frames...

I know, they're light and they ride awesome...

But I don't know how strong they are.

Has anyone broken kamel frame?

Comments welcome ;)

uldis

They are a competition use bike and are pretty strong.

Monty do offer a 2 year warranty with it though which is miles better than others.

Contact your local distributor for full details and assistance.

Rob

They are a competition use bike and are pretty strong.

Monty do offer a 2 year warranty with it though which is miles better than others.

Contact your local distributor for full details and assistance.

Rob

Your Joking?

Their so weak!

I heard so much have cracked and seen one.

But I do agree they ride rather nice on natty.

OK, here is something only tangentially related...........but I have to get it out.

Seven or eight years ago it was all the rage to own a sub 20 pound stock bike and sub 18 pound mod. It is cool, no doubt..... I'm all for people being able to buy what the Pros have. Where I got turned off was the consumer reaction once bikes started breaking. The loudest hue and cries could be heard continent to continent all screaming for better warranties. Not long after a few companies either went out of business or quit the trials market. Fast forward to now........ please, please, please (not directed specifically at person that started thread) please.......... become the smoothest rider on the planet, get full sponsorship or don't buy a superlight machine. In this sport, your bike is regularly smashed onto rocks (and worse!)......... let your skills (and wallet size!) help determine appropriate machine.

I feel much better now. Since I no longer sell things retail, I can be blunt..............

Well mine has cracked on the right side of the bike down near the brake mount only small but it will get bigger

i also saw 2 other riders in belguim when i was over there for the european and they has a crack in the same place.

Thanks

Ryan

Well mine has cracked on the right side of the bike down near the brake mount only small but it will get bigger

i also saw 2 other riders in belguim when i was over there for the european and they has a crack in the same place.

Thanks

Ryan

Considering he is half my size and weight and is one of the smoothest riders iv met other than rankin as well as ryan only riding natrual i think its fair to say iv been put off dont think i wana spend £600 on something that someone half my size can crack in so little time but thats only my veiw fair play to people who can afford them and make them last.

Considering he is half my size and weight and is one of the smoothest riders iv met other than rankin as well as ryan only riding natrual i think its fair to say iv been put off dont think i wana spend £600 on something that someone half my size can crack in so little time but thats only my veiw fair play to people who can afford them and make them last.

Just like to add if you dont know this was my second monty i had which i only just got out of the box last week.

OK, here is something only tangentially related...........but I have to get it out.

Seven or eight years ago it was all the rage to own a sub 20 pound stock bike and sub 18 pound mod. It is cool, no doubt..... I'm all for people being able to buy what the Pros have. Where I got turned off was the consumer reaction once bikes started breaking. The loudest hue and cries could be heard continent to continent all screaming for better warranties. Not long after a few companies either went out of business or quit the trials market. Fast forward to now........ please, please, please (not directed specifically at person that started thread) please.......... become the smoothest rider on the planet, get full sponsorship or don't buy a superlight machine. In this sport, your bike is regularly smashed onto rocks (and worse!)......... let your skills (and wallet size!) help determine appropriate machine.

I feel much better now. Since I no longer sell things retail, I can be blunt..............

I totaly agree with you