Getting Back Into It

alextheferret

ok, i have finnaly decided to get back in to trials, im not sure what convinced me, could be the weather (or finnaly bothering to fix my puncture). And I had a little go and i cant do anything, its like ive forgotten how to do trials, it just wasnt happening.

So now im wondering what should i do, learn it all again? carry on as i am and it should come to me? Also how should i learn by, videos e.c.t. Its just the technique and i cant seem to get the bike in the air.

Thank you for any suggestions on what to do, and i hope to be able to do it all again.

Videos will help,

But a real boost will come in the form of group rides, go on them in your area and you'll pick everything back up again.

With practice, it will come back to you in no time!

:)

ok but if i go on a group ride at the moment wont they just think that im crap

ok but if i go on a group ride at the moment wont they just think that im crap

Given how small a community trials is, I reckon most groups of riders would be thrilled to have someone new turn up regardless of ability, the only issue that could arise is where the stuff they're riding is all too big for you to do anything on, but you should be able to find some line you can do in most places and get pointers on your riding.

Edited by psycholist

yo

ive just got back into trials after having about two years out. just played about on my bike and most the basics are still there.

tbo though i picked it back up cause i wanted to have fun with it again. i wouldnt worry about how you "rubbish" you may look. there are many riders who never really even picked up trials to quickly who ive met on rides. but they show up cause they enjoy it.

im sure it will come back after awhile, also just start with the basics again like balance etc. balance seems to be the only thing i havant been able to pick back up again quickly, lol.

I've had probably 7 years out from trials and started again last october.

The first few rides were pretty pants, only being able to bunnyhop and stuff, but after a month or so i'd got back near enough to my original standard and was better with some things.

If you were good before then just keep practicing, otherwise a mix of everything you've suggested, videos, forum, websites and of course practice.

Just get out there and have a laugh.