Brake Clamps

cheesy

yes but you wont be able to set it up right and the pads still probably wont hit the rim. you neeed the tensile offset mounts.

=[ i might have 2 get some offsets then cos i dont want a bigger rim lol i like mine =] =]

I'm pretty sure the answer is no unless you get the adapters to convert 4 bolt Magura mounts into canti mounts first... Then it will work though you may still have trouble getting the Magura pads far enough in to reach the rim (And still use the Magura booster), but you should be able to get them in further than 4 bolt mounts on a trials frame.

I'm pretty sure the answer is no unless you get the adapters to convert 4 bolt Magura mounts into canti mounts first... Then it will work though you may still have trouble getting the Magura pads far enough in to reach the rim (And still use the Magura booster), but you should be able to get them in further than 4 bolt mounts on a trials frame.

Thats a bit gay then =[ i might have to buy some offsets like what loz said =[

thanks anyways mate =]

Check whether the cost of offset mounts might be better spent by getting a new wide rim. Narrow rims are a pain for trials riding because the tyre rolls off them too easily while you're hopping on side slopes (Unless you run really high tyre pressures). When I used Mavic D521's front and back every so often I'd land a sidehop drop a little too sideways and pull the tyre off the rim, allowing the tube to explode out the side... When I got my first Echo frame I had the same problem with fitting the brakes, bit the bullet and bought a wider rim - it made a hell of a difference - no tyre retention issues or tyre roll on side slopes...

I wonder why Mavic hasn't released a trials rim come to think of it...

Edited by psycholist