Chain Tension On Zoo Pythons

rudirudirudirudirudi

ok i have a long 06 python. and i cant get the chain tension right. im using a rear try all rim. and if i pull the wheel back giving the correct tension the pads end up half on the braking surface and half on the off ( on the outside so it rubs on the tyre)

i tryed running i chain tensioner for a while.

tryed taking a link out. was waaay too short.

i have noticed that echo rims have more braking surface.

just wondering what other people do with their pythons. am thinking about half link chain as only option.

I've had the same problem, I use a tensioner now that's working brilliantly, click the link in my sig to see it.

i did pretty much the same thing but tensioned it down and used a jockey wheel. i think it works ok. but the wheel is off centre becuase iv put that in. dont think its a problem but just wondering if theres anything else i can do.

I used to use that, but the chain kept coming off. I just took the jockey wheel off, left one of the plate things in the wrong way round and bolted it up tight. It doesn't turn but I don't really care, it may wear the chain slightly and it makes a load of noise, but my brake works properly and it takes 15 seconds to tension the chain.

I used to use that, but the chain kept coming off. I just took the jockey wheel off, left one of the plate things in the wrong way round and bolted it up tight. It doesn't turn but I don't really care, it may wear the chain slightly and it makes a load of noise, but my brake works properly and it takes 15 seconds to tension the chain.

yer i was going to say. the one i made earlier the chain kept coming off the jockey wheel. iv got a spacer for a booster spare and i think that will work. if i put some washers each side to keep the chain in.

I have an 06 zoo and my tensions fine (can sometimes even be too tight) the only thing i can think that i may do differently to you is instead of using normal magura 4 bolt mounts i use all the bottom mounts without that cylinder washer thing this may give you an extra 2mm or so adjustability due to there being no lip on the top mounts, not much but works for me.

ok. just to get this clear. youve just got bottom mounts . and leave off the washer for the maggie. whats that washer even for. surely if they work without it whats the point in it???

oh yer and i dont think this whole tensioner idea is working. its just pushing my wheel over so it rubs on other side. I guess im guna have to find some thinner matierial if this mount idea doesnt work.

ALSO. when my good foot is forward chain tension is real slack. and when its back its real tight. it was like this with my freewheel set up too. i still get it with my profile. just as much too. any particular reason??? anything i can do??

Edited by rudirudirudirudirudi