20" V 26" - That Old Chestnut

SmileyBaldyBloke

First post.

I'm 37 and recently started trails. I purchased a Monty 20" on eBay which is good to ride, but I can't help thinking (at my age & 6' tall) I'd be better off on a 26"

Any thoughts? Or recommendations for a 26"

I also like my Eagle Claw bash plate & I haven't seen any 26" bikes with one - are there any?

Si

yeah stock would probably feel more natural and i've never seen a stock with a bashplate only rings you'd have to drill the frame or something to get a bash on a stock me tinks, unless there's some foreign make...

and a recommended bike would depend on what style of riding your into and budget, imo if your a beginner look at onza, to me there's no other beginner bike than onza but for the same price as a brand new onza you could buy a second hand bike off here when you get validated so it depends what you want new or used then what style of riding or a certain geo you favour...

but then if you get along with the monty okay stay with it untill it's dead...

First post.

I'm 37 and recently started trails. I purchased a Monty 20" on eBay which is good to ride, but I can't help thinking (at my age & 6' tall) I'd be better off on a 26"

Any thoughts? Or recommendations for a 26"

I also like my Eagle Claw bash plate & I haven't seen any 26" bikes with one - are there any?

Si

BASE has 26" with plate but not ring

personally I think 26 has more fun in speed and power

when you spin, you can feel 26 exists; 20? most you feel will be your arms and legs

I think natural stuff more than street is for me.

I tried a new Monty 231(?) (£2k+) very nice and a very colorful Koxx which wasn't so good

They do feel more like my mountain bike and would be much easier to roll over things i guess.

So, what's a good 26" for that style?

Si