Hope (monty) Trials+evolve Fork

spartan

I decided that i didnt like my juicy and so "borrowed" the monty disc brake from my brothers 221ti for the front of my czar.

I use an evolve fork and when i mount the hope it rubs against the spokes. This happened with my juicy too but if i mounted it far enough away on the tri align it went away.

I have managed to make it stop rubbing by putting a washer between the hub and the dropout so the fork flexes in less but now the brake lever pulls almost all the way to the bar when it only went in about 2/3 of the way on the monty.

I havent played with the lever adjuster screw on the brake yet but i have placed 2 small washers to space the brake in as much as i could without it hitting the spokes.

Is there anything i can do to help with this problem or is the fork just really dumb (i mean i know it is but will getting a new fork help).

Thanks,

Ian

PS: Im using an echo hub with silver double butted dt swiss champion spokes laced 3x to an echo rim.

It sounds to me like the rotor is fouling on the pads really badly.

I'd put a couple of washer on the end of the hub axle, then pack the rotor out the same distance by putting washers under each rotor bolt, then you'll be able to shim the caliper out the right amount so it doesn't rub.

yeah im just dont sure why its happening in the first place, would a new for remedy the problem or is it the hub??

Ill try and play with the adjuster screw and the rotor alignment and see what happens, i might just go back to my juicy intil i get a new fork.

F**K