Help Please!

Jordan GU

I ride a Gu with dual hs33, my front brake isn't very sharp.

I would get a disk but I no I would bent the roator.

What should i do ?

Thanks Jordan

First learn how to spell, then get some good pads, try using some hairspray on the rim, it is not as sharp as tar but is great for the front. 

What pads are you using at the moment?

Magie :S

What best for a smooth rim?

If you're using standard magura pads they arn't designed for trials.

Have a look at the zoo pads on tartybikes, they're on offer too. You won't need to mess about with grinding you rim with them either. (Y)

There was a discussion about this a while ago. I've run 4 frames with double disc, and have had a front disc since 2002, and I have never ever ever bent a rotor. I sidehop to my rotor side, ride natural between big pointy rocks, all sorts. It really is harder than you think to bend one, especially on the front.

First thing would be to check (if you are now willing to try front disc) that you have a disc ready wheel and forks, as that could spell more money if you don't. If you want to stick with your maggie, I'd say have a look round Tartybikes at pads, and see what they suggest for smooth rims. Your front brake doesnt "need" to be as efficient as your back brake, so pretty much any pads will be an improvement on what you have at the moment. As someone said, either Zoo pads, Rock pads, Heatsink blues (if you can still get them, I'm not sure). I wouldn't bother grinding your front rim. Its not neccessary for a front rim unless you do a lot of comps in the wet, and all it will do is stop you riding down hills, as you won't be able to hear for the rest of time.