Few Questions.

0zzy

im in need of a new tyre for my mod for the rear, ive used maxxis creppy crawler and echo before and defo found the maxxis to be better, im looking for something different to before so im stuck with the choice of monty or try-all the monty is lighter which i wouldnt mind but grip is defo more essential and so is wear life so whats your views on either tyre? ill be mostly riding equally natural and street (if that makes any difference).

also what has happened to dob rims for 20" on tarty i can only find 19" rims i want a 20" one though and cant find them any where.any ideas on what happened to them? and could some one point me in the right dirrection to get one.

also what light weight and reasonably strong cranks would any body recomend as my onza cranks look to be at the end of there life.

thanks in advance ozzy .. x

hi, i'd say try-alls are the best but they last 2 minutes (i tried a set). theres nothing wrong with creepy crawlers at half the price which a lot of pros use... if your competing like me i keep a set of new ( but worn in) tyres for that day and put my other set of crawlers back on after the trial. I wouldn't use try-alls unless u were sponsered to be honest. hope this has helped as i had the same problem last year (Y)

as for cranks my trialtech 1s are superb nuff said lol

Nick

Edited by Nickkkkk

I'd go for a Monty over the Tryall. I had the Tryall for a short time and I hated them. I agree creepy crawlers are awesome but they wear very quickly.

They have a good price on them here: http://www.themontyshop.com/

Tell them Jordan sent you.

Monty cranks, I've found to be some of the best lightest cranks out there. Montyshop has them for 83 pounds.

Not sure on the Dob rim. I find it quite odd that for such a lightweight rim they would only carry the rear. ( Which is most likely to collapse)

Matter of fact haven't seen any Dob products any where any more.

i've found the white try-all's to have a longer wear life than black ones ,but this does mean the grip is less than the blacks but its still enough grip for most things .

steve

dosn't that kind of ruin the point of buyin a fancy try-all tyre if that grip you expect from them is gone cause they are white lol. mite aswell just get a crawler or monty...

Nick

dosn't that kind of ruin the point of buyin a fancy try-all tyre if that grip you expect from them is gone cause they are white lol. mite aswell just get a crawler or monty...

Nick

it does,i wasnt aware of the differance in grip rill after i was using the tire >_< never mind