Cnc'd Or Plastic Backings?

hdmackay

I'm wanting new pads and i'm torn between getting Metal CNC'd Aluminium backings or plastic backings.

I've heard that CNC'd brake alot better ad don't flex as much and that plastic backings can snap.

But also apparently metal backings can crack and snap your pistons.

Cheers

I'd recommend the PhatPads backings. They're really slim so you can set the slaves in closer, they're nice and stiff and they're not too tight on the slave clip thingy, so they shouldn't snap them off as easy as heatsink ones.

Yeh if you run an Echo rim, or a ronnie or something that holds a grind well, get the PhatPads material aswell. They're unreal! Still good on a Koxx/Atomz rim though, just take a while to wear in once the grind has gone blunt.

Yeh if you run an Echo rim, or a ronnie or something that holds a grind well, get the PhatPads material aswell. They're unreal! Still good on a Koxx/Atomz rim though, just take a while to wear in once the grind has gone blunt.

Well, I am running a smooth rim and am probably going to keep it like that.

Do you still think they would be good?

If not, would I be able to buy other pads and put them into Phatpad backings? Do they sell the backings seperately?

Thanks