Hope Try-all Old Style Lever Problem

STEVE-0

I've got a problem with my front hope try-all, the lever blade has started getting stuck as I pull the brake, it seems to be rubbing on the metal either side, plus it seems a little lose around the barrel as well. I switched my bolt around to stop myself hitting my leg on it but I didn't think this would have any effect, can you guys help?

Cheers

Steve-o

Do you mean that it feels as if it is getting stuck, but you can still pull it all the way in? like it moves in steps? or does it actually jam and won't move any further?

It could be a number of things. First thing I'd look into is whether it has a dry caliper seal, then if the lever has flared where the brass barrell fits into the lever blade.

Yeah, it does sometimes move in steps, i.e. it sometime pulls in and feels like its getting caught.

Most of the time i pull it and it works normally, just sometimes i think its fully on but its not because its caught. Squeeks all the time all as well but i think thats pretty common...the barrel has just been replaced but im pretty sure the lever has been damaged around that area.

Cheers

I'd say it's a dry seal in the caliper. Take the caliper off, take the pads out, pump the lever so the pistons move out, then spray a tiny bit of WD40 onto the pistons, then push them back with a screwdriver, wipe the caliper out really thoroughly and puts the pads back in, then refit the caliper.

It should work, if it doesn't then I'd look into whether the lever blade is damaged.

Or the other way round, the lever blades easier to check. :P