Whats Next To Try After Veggie Wraps?

Sethgun

So yeh, I sliced my shins up the other week on a ride because I suck, so pulled out the 661 veggie shin wraps again to help out with further carnage. When wearing, the top comes about an 2" below my knee cap and boom! last night smacked it again. Strapped them up even higher (past my knee) but bc of the hard insert and my shorts, it just keeps pulling down.

Anyone got the veggie knee guards and could tell me how far down your shin they go? Im a medium in the shins so im guessin same size on the knee. Out of interest, anyone know if the ones danny mac is wearing are shin or knee? seems like they're sitting around the knee but they look like the shinguards. Sucks because they arent really readily available to try where i am, so id have to order them in.

Cheers!

Edited by Sethgun

I had the veggie knee and shin pads from when I used to ride bmx. They used to have velco on the bottom of the knee pads and the top of the shin pads so they made one item (Y)

That was a few years back. I dont know if the new ones are the same.

I had the veggie knee and shin pads from when I used to ride bmx. They used to have velco on the bottom of the knee pads and the top of the shin pads so they made one item (Y)

That was a few years back. I dont know if the new ones are the same.

yep they still make them the same, ive got a velcro section at the top of my shinnies to stick the knee guards on. Im tryin to avoid both knee and shins together, as i sweat like a pig and i only ever hit my shins from a bit above halfway up my shin to about the middle of my kneecap. If the knee pads come to about there or u can slide the kneecaps lower so its covering part of ur shin, bingo for me.

id love to try them on there, but it wont be worth it for the price as Id have to pay for a $3000 flight from Australia :)lol

I thiiink there is a place near me I saw last week that has them, so might check them out after work tomorrow. Because it doesnt have a shell in it, im thinking of just strapping it lower so it covers about half my shin (dunno how good thats gonna feel though when you try and bend ur leg...