Hello From Newcastle!

tony gti-r

Hi, First post!

I`m from the Newcastle area, 28yrs young and am looking into buying a bike, dont really know where to start to be honest as all i`ve ever ridden are XC bikes.

I`m a keen MTB`er and really want something i can fek about on (to start with) round the doors/town or when we go upto keilder.

Anyway think i`ll get back to searching the forum and see if i can find out a bit more!

Tony....

hello m8y

i ride newcastle all the time!!! i live at durham but theres always a hand full of riders out on a weekend from concett and durham, quite a few riders come up from darlington and northallerton sometimes too! theres loads of places to ride like....wer abouts in newcastle are you from?

willis x

hello m8y

i ride newcastle all the time!!! i live at durham but theres always a hand full of riders out on a weekend from concett and durham, quite a few riders come up from darlington and northallerton sometimes too! theres loads of places to ride like....wer abouts in newcastle are you from?

willis x

I live just off the A1 at Westerhope, about a 10 min ride into the city centre.

where about do you ride, and do you know of any local shops that cater for this sport?

Tony....

i live in durham, but my dad lives just off the coast road.

i am not sure of any shops in and around newcastle who cater for trials, however there is a shop who sells bikes in concett, not sure of the name but i could find out?

If you dont mind m8, concett aint that far from mine in the car! i would really like to find a decent shop so i can go have a look/feel of the bikes.

I want a light as bike as possible with 24" wheels and thats all i know lol

Like i said i dont know where to start really so i`d like to see stuff infront of me.

I found a frame at Denton cycles - Dirty Joe Big Cheese for £149 reduced and wondered about that?????

Tony....

Hello mate, i ride Newcastle a bit, i'm similar to you, ride my xc bike mostly but got myself a trials bike to mess about on, I've always wanted one like. I've just been riding round my local area, little industrial park near mine and down the local dene, few things to knock about on.

As for shops, there's The Cycle Centre on Shields Road in Byker that sell the odd trials part, I've seen bikes in there before, not sure if they have any in at the minute though. Give them a ring and see what they say:-

http://www.cyclecentreuk.co.uk/

Hello mate, i ride Newcastle a bit, i'm similar to you, ride my xc bike mostly but got myself a trials bike to mess about on, I've always wanted one like. I've just been riding round my local area, little industrial park near mine and down the local dene, few things to knock about on.

As for shops, there's The Cycle Centre on Shields Road in Byker that sell the odd trials part, I've seen bikes in there before, not sure if they have any in at the minute though. Give them a ring and see what they say:-

http://www.cyclecentreuk.co.uk/

Thanks, i was in there today on my lunch break and they didnt have anything, Edinbrough bike co had a few in but they were damn expensive and really heavy!

I`m quite lucky that i can go 5-10 mins in any direction and i either hit country lanes, jesmond dene or the city centre so i would pretty much use it all the time!

I have my eye on 2 bike on ebay at the moment for really low prices and hope to get one next week.

Tony....

hello m8y

willis x

Dont forget the proper riders fromt mean streets of redcar willy ;)

Haha ok mike

That shop from concett is called geared 4. They do sell fully built bikes not sure on the makes or where it is because i have only rode concett a hand full of times. however i do no it is not far from the bus station....thats all i know am affraid

I also know dentons cycles is a good shop and have seen some trials cranks in there before, however not sure if they sell bikes?

Hello mate, i was in the same boat as you last week. I had to travel down to richmond just to see some 20" and 26" bikes, i'm from Sunderland by the way, it's called Arthur Caygill and it has a web site just type it into google. I'v just gettin a trials bike today, i went for a onza bird and i ordered it from tartybikes as they were the cheapest and delivered it in two days. I 'v been out on it tonight and f**k me is it hard. Good luck with your search, and thank god i thought i was the only lad in there late twenty's on here.

Hello mate, i was in the same boat as you last week. I had to travel down to richmond just to see some 20" and 26" bikes, i'm from Sunderland by the way, it's called Arthur Caygill and it has a web site just type it into google. I'v just gettin a trials bike today, i went for a onza bird and i ordered it from tartybikes as they were the cheapest and delivered it in two days. I 'v been out on it tonight and f**k me is it hard. Good luck with your search, and thank god i thought i was the only lad in there late twenty's on here.

Yeah i feel like i`m satrting late lol

I have always liked messing about on my MTB but the frame is too big to do much on, i looked at the 20" bikes but they look really awkward to me and i think i`d feel more comfortable with bigger wheels and a seat (i`m getting on a bit lol)

I would really like a bike with a few gears too and have got my eye on a really good one on ebay that didnt sell so i`ve emailed the person selling it to see if we can do a deal.

Tony....

Thanks, i was in there today on my lunch break and they didnt have anything, Edinbrough bike co had a few in but they were damn expensive and really heavy!

I`m quite lucky that i can go 5-10 mins in any direction and i either hit country lanes, jesmond dene or the city centre so i would pretty much use it all the time!

I have my eye on 2 bike on ebay at the moment for really low prices and hope to get one next week.

Tony....

Ah man, i ride Jesmond Dene quite a bit, we should meet up when you've got your bike, I'm sick of riding on me own. I'm pretty much starting out on trials properly too and fear the youth giggling at my shite riding.

Ah man, i ride Jesmond Dene quite a bit, we should meet up when you've got your bike, I'm sick of riding on me own. I'm pretty much starting out on trials properly too and fear the youth giggling at my shite riding.

HaHa thats what i`m thinking! i have only just got my XC bike out after 8yrs in the garage and really enjoy it but also feel like i want to try something new!

I might get a little bit of practice in on the kerb infront of my house before i venture out with others and smash my grid on the floor lol

What sort of bike do you have m8?

Tony....

Edited by tony gti-r

HaHa thats what i`m thinking! i have only just got my XC bike out after 8yrs in the garage and really enjoy it but also feel like i want to try something new!

I might get a little bit of practice in on the kerb infront of my house before i venture out with others and smash my grid on the floor lol

What sort of bike do you have m8?

Tony....

Aye, I've just started off hopping around in my back yard at first, then ventured out. I've got a few places round mine so I usually just blast round them before I either get moved on or get accused of trying to burgle places LOL.

I got a Base TA26 frame of this site as it goes, built it up with what i had from a old jump bike, just been buying little bits here and there with what little spare cash I get.

I'm getting really into trials, much more than I thought I would and this forum has been a great help, some helpful peeps on here. Mind there's some divvies as well, but then you get them on all forums.

I've been out riding today. Started of in Jesmond Dene in Heaton, then went into town, rode some ledges and that at the Uni's. It was a lush day.

I'm away over to town tomorrow too, going to the Uni's again, they've got some alright stuff, I'm just learning like, just hopping about and falling off a lot, but its good crack.

I'll be in town from about 11ish if you fancy it.

I've been out riding today. Started of in Jesmond Dene in Heaton, then went into town, rode some ledges and that at the Uni's. It was a lush day.

I'm away over to town tomorrow too, going to the Uni's again, they've got some alright stuff, I'm just learning like, just hopping about and falling off a lot, but its good crack.

I'll be in town from about 11ish if you fancy it.

would do mate but just getin me new back wheel built wont be ready till monday :( when will you next be riding what bike you ride and how old r u nd do you ride by you self :)or is there a few ov you go

Edited by orange*zero

would do mate but just getin me new back wheel built wont be ready till monday :( when will you next be riding what bike you ride and how old r u nd do you ride by you self :)or is there a few ov you go

I'll most probably be out on Monday, from about 6ish (work permitting).

I've got a Base TA26, set up canny ghetto like, and i'm, ahem, 31, just riding on me own at the minute, all my mates just ride XC (when they get their arses from in front of the xbox).

I've got a Base TA26, set up canny ghetto like, and i'm, ahem, 31, just riding on me own at the minute, all my mates just ride XC (when they get their arses from in front of the xbox).

well a should have me wheel built buy then soo al probs come down am just learning like (2foot drops,manuals,hops,sidehops ect.) but ill only get better by riding more! but same me mates just ride dirt so i just ride on my own at the mo if your ganna bee out where are we ganna meet?

is tha the one near the exi

Edited by orange*zero

No, its the other one, next to the Civic Centre. The more modern looking one.

The security at the Exi one are right on top, never seen any or had any grief from the ones at the other one.

i know where the civic centre is but not the uni lol probs seen it before just a don't exactly no where it is lol