Introducing Myself

Ayuli

Hi everyone, my name is asaf, 36 years old from Israel. riding mountain bike since 96, approx the year that the v-brakes have been introduced....

love riding in our deserts, long technical single tracks. competed here and there in XC, Dual slalom, Super-D and mini DH races.

also got kinda side career as a journalist in Mountain Bike Action Israel and in a new Israeli portal where I test bikes and equipment:

e.g. watch me on this video testing 661 body armor (although its in Hebrew, don't miss it !)

661 test video

....last week we had Nathan Rennie and Mitch Delfs with us and i had a chance to take some cool shots and interview the big guy here:

Rennie in Israel

and video here: Rennie & Delfs video

I was always amazed from the trials riders and tried here and there to do some stuff. recently decided to go for it and planning to buy soon a second hand new-school factory rig and start to practice

I an an economist in my education and occupation, got two young daughters (3 and 5) and that about it for now...

cheers,

asaf

Ino your new but you dont have to post 2 topics the same...... (N)

yeh, sorry for that, guess there its the echo...ech..ec....

now seriously...tried to post in the "introducing" section and somehow it went down here

asaf

Hello Asaf and welcome to trials-forum. You sure have some good biking experience behind you, how is the Trials scene in Israel?

A nice post as well, I enjoyed your body armour video >_< . As I myself am 40 years old and new to Trials, I would like to hear of your progess. Good luck and keep posting. (Y)

Hello Asaf and welcome to trials-forum. You sure have some good biking experience behind you, how is the Trials scene in Israel?

A nice post as well, I enjoyed your body armour video >_< . As I myself am 40 years old and new to Trials, I would like to hear of your progess. Good luck and keep posting. (Y)

Hi Dave,

well, there is nothing that can be called a scene or a trial culture out here

there is one serious trials rider named Sharon Tarshis that been doing trials for years and does trials performance in bike events and expos....it is not representation of a culture, its more kinda 'freek-show' so the crowd can say "what the mad man does on his bike..."

Sharon in Tel-Aviv

On the past 2 year i recon that another approx 10 riders joined the 'scene' (of of a population of 7 millions...)

i'm after buying a used rig and there is only one racked Simtra ST1 bike for sale in the market....i think that it explains the size of the sport

good week to you all

asaf