Leeds Centre

Bronz

Hmm, I've ridden uni a couple of times but I don't think I'm good enough to want to ride in areas like the granite ledges purely because half the suits that walk around will be expecting Danny Mac style stuff. 'Can you do what that guy does in the email someone sent me?' I'm thinking quieter spots if there are any? Clarence Dock is okay (about two mins from my house) but you get kicked off far too quickly. I don't mind getting moved on if I'm with some other riders, it's just the shame of one-on-one with a copper haha.

Well, that went fooking well.

Chavs, motherf**king chavs! I've currently got the trials bug so I went out for a ride on my own and explored a few new places around my neighbourhood. Turns out there's a skatepark just round the corner from me. An outdoor skatepark in the dead centre of Leeds which I knew nothing about. It was totally empty so I started to warm up and had a quick go on some steel benches when I hear a screetching car.

At first I thought someone had run of the road in an accident/crash but I wheeled round and saw two topless (male :( ) chavs in a clearly stolen car flying toward me across the grass, with about 12-15 of the f**kers on foot behind em.

Now, I'm not a scared person, I don't do scared, but I had my bike on me, and if those tw@s stole a car tonight they wouldn't think twice about stealing a trials bike. I had to make a slow but dignified exit, but what pisses me off is a) they stole someone's car. I hate theft, it's wrong, it's low. B) they spoiled my ride, I was looking forward to a little evening session on my own in the nice weather. No go now. But c) the only time I made the right decision and left, it made me feel like such a little bitch. I hate it soooo much. It gets right under my skin.

Rant: done.

Yeah it's just where to ride on my own that's the problem. Uni is a cool ride but a) other end of town to me and B) not a place I'd ride on my own (being at skill level I am, I'd not want any attention just one me haha). Will keep an eye for other riders though.

there are allot of smaller ledges and gaps at the top end of the uni....

if you want somewhere quiet and you are near hunslet way then there are a few industrial estates with stuff around there and a little to ride near elland road.

in my oppinion leeds uni is the best place to ride in west yorkshire for all levels of rider, in a group or with your i pod.

there are allot of smaller ledges and gaps at the top end of the uni....

if you want somewhere quiet and you are near hunslet way then there are a few industrial estates with stuff around there and a little to ride near elland road.

in my oppinion leeds uni is the best place to ride in west yorkshire for all levels of rider, in a group or with your i pod.

main think is to just look around while your going out or what ever just keep an eye out, your bound to stumbel across somewhere that we most likley dont know where is,

problem with leeds is its a busy place even out of the centre, so finding a ridingspot out of it all isnt the easyest think to do, as youll be finding out for your self,

uni is an ok spot to ride however there isnt alot there for someone to say it is the best spot in west yorkshire - thats just wrong, there is quite a bit there still, and uni would

be somewhere you could be alone and out of the busyness of the city, and knowing you dont live close to it is out of the question, id be willing to travel on a bike to go to a good spot,,

they playhouse is also good to ride behind the steps and towards that massive building there is a fair bit to play on there witch is or a smaller levle but can test a rider, and its out of the way aswell < that would be the place id of ridden if i was in your position,

p.s the skatepark you went too, if its big and is surronded by a shed load of feild - that will be hyde park, your just around the corner from the uni and around 5-10 mins from the playhouse

with riding spots all the way threw, also there is a little bit to do near the morrisans in the centre dont have time to tell you where about but not hard to find, and you dont get botherd around there :) ,

dont think i have but still hope i have helped- there is a lot of newbies starting around our area atm and we go to leeds quite a bit, so feel free to add us on msn :):):)