Head Set Problems

stunt man t

my head-set has just become realy wobbly (N)

when i went to turn the bolt to tighten the top cap it just spins and wont get any tighter or any looser and now i cant take the top cap off, which ever way i turn the bolt it just spins and dont do anything :S

any ideas what i can do??

but i cant get the top cap off to put one on??

the stem cant come off untill i get the top cap off

May not work but does the olt pull up, if so pull it up and try to get some of the thread in the star nut, if its not that mabey your head set and frame is warped (means the wratteling has caused the frame to expand) ?

If all that fails try this

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....p;#entry1897530

It worked but it took alot of messing around but me and my bro did it in the end.

Edited by trials ryan

Your star nut will be f*cked. Could either be the whole star nut spinning in the steer tube or just the silver threaded bit. Try sticking a long screwdriver up the steer tube to hold it in place and loosen the bolt. If that doesn't work stick a metal bar or bit off wood up the steer tube and hit it with a hammer and it will hammer the star nut out! you'll need to buy a new star nut though!

May not work but does the olt pull up, if so pull it up and try to get some of the thread in the star nut, if its not that mabey your head set and frame is warped (means the wratteling has caused the frame to expand) ?

no mate the bolt go up :(

it just turns, but makes a horrid grinding noise, maybe the star nut is just turning in the steerer tube???

ill use the drill method i think ;)

cheers x

Your star nut will be f*cked. Could either be the whole star nut spinning in the steer tube or just the silver threaded bit. Try sticking a long screwdriver up the steer tube to hold it in place and loosen the bolt. If that doesn't work stick a metal bar or bit off wood up the steer tube and hit it with a hammer and it will hammer the star nut out! you'll need to buy a new star nut though!

think youre right mate

but i got a new star nut so all is good :D

no mate the bolt go up :(

it just turns, but makes a horrid grinding noise, maybe the star nut is just turning in the steerer tube???

ill use the drill method i think ;)

cheers x

Lol! mabey i wasnt such a fool after all, trust me it works though.

think youre right mate

but i got a new star nut so all is good :D

Edited by trials ryan