Ok I Have A Problem

Nick Harding

Basically when i had my curtis the dropout closed up abit so i decided to bash my brand new chris king in the frame without really thinking about it. Then i brought an inspired whacked the wheel in and for ages the wheel kept coming out of place. I then realised that due to me whacking the hub in the old frame it had made the end of the axle oval shaped, hense coming out of place. So i brought a new axle for the hub which is just a qr version chris king axle, and im still having the same problem. Seems that as the axle was ovalised it has worn at the frame abit.

So whats the answer? Using a hub with quick release just dosent hold the wheel in place, its not a great deal to be honest probs about 1-2mm of play but its annoying. Will using a hub with big old bolts that i can tighten with allen keys make this any better ,or is it not going to make much difference?

Any help would be grand

Nick

Edited by Nick Harding

Basically when i had my curtis the dropout closed up abit so i decided to bash my brand new chris king in the frame without really thinking about it. Then i brought an inspired whacked the wheel in and for ages the wheel kept coming out of place. I then realised that due to me whacking the hub in the old frame it had made the end of the axle oval shaped, hense coming out of place. So i brought a new axle for the hub which is just a qr version chris king axle, and im still having the same problem. Seems that as the axle was ovalised it has worn at the frame abit.

So whats the answer? Using a hub with quick release just dosent hold the wheel in place, its not a great deal to be honest probs about 1-2mm of play but its annoying. Will using a hub with big old bolts that i can tighten with allen keys make this any better ,or is it not going to make much difference?

Any help would be grand

Nick

I should imagine it would hold your wheel in place firmer mate,i have those bolts on both my hubs,a zoo rear hub(fixed) and Gu front,and the actual bolts only just fit through the dropouts,and thats on a set of echo control forks,and also a czar ivan frame,and a Gu typhoon 06,so should be the same with yours,plus one side of the hub on the axle sometimes comes with a little tab on a spacer and that slots in the gap after you have inserted your hub axle into the dropouts,i'll add pics if you want to see,i'm not the greatest at explaining,sorry.......but in a nutshell,theyre a snug fit and mine never move no matter what i do,and i do quite big drops and my landings are by no means smooth lol...hope this helps a little (Y)