Discount Cycles Magura's

Laurence--Trials

If they do they'll be standard black pads which (certain Rowans excluded) arn't up for trials use anyway. Its worth ordering some decent pads from Tartybikes. If you don't know whats best, look in the pad reviews or ring them up and ask.

Ok so i've just baught a new 4 bolt 89.99 magura set (yellow) off discount cycles. and it dosent say weather or not they come with pads. So i just wanted to know if anyone has braught brakes off them before and they came with pads.

Thanks.

Laurence.

(Y):)(Y)

If they did come with pads it would just be the standard magura blacks, which are no good for trials anyway.

ive not heard good things on those red pads, did you pay £89.99 or dollers? because tarty are 60ish? they ar also the old version on discount cycles

oh right ok i wont get them. £89.99 English pounds :) what makes them different from the new ones ? and... they are still good right ?

thanks laurence.

some people say the old ones are more powerfull but i prefer the new ones. nicer leaver feeling and they look nicer. also why not save yourself 30 quid send them back, buy them from tarty and use that 30 quid on some pads?

oh right ok i wont get them. £89.99 English pounds :) what makes them different from the new ones ? and... they are still good right ?

thanks laurence.

Seriously, get them. Those maguras are the best brakes ever made. They bleed well, feel good, look good, and don't break!

some people say the old ones are more powerfull but i prefer the new ones. nicer leaver feeling and they look nicer. also why not save yourself 30 quid send them back, buy them from tarty and use that 30 quid on some pads?

The ones on Tarty are singles. This lad bought a pair for £90

Seriously, get them. Those maguras are the best brakes ever made. They bleed well, feel good, look good, and don't break!

The ones on Tarty are singles. This lad bought a pair for £90

Ahhh good :) i've braught them and they should be here by 1-2 days (Hopefully one!)

i wont have to bleed them / buy flewid when i get them will i ? :S

Thanks for all your replys guys your all a brill help to me :)

Laurence.

Nope, they'll come fully bled and in working order. They only way you'll need to bleed them when you get them is if you want to bleed them with water.

Oh right na ill stay away from the water lol.

little off toppic question but my mate said when the brake leaver was fully on the flewid goes up to 3000PSI! i wasnt sure weather to beleave him. not sure why haha.

thanks for helping me btw mate :)

Laurence.

little off toppic question but my mate said when the brake leaver was fully on the flewid goes up to 3000PSI! i wasnt sure weather to beleave him. not sure why haha.

Haha. I couldn't actually tell you whether he's right or not. I doubt it very much, but I wouldn't like to say for certain.

It's possible about the PSI thing. I had a crossover that was clear, briefly. I had an air bubble in there (the tube was too wide so it leaked) and when you squeezed the lever, the bubble, maybe 2cm wide, would shrink to a pinprick size.

Ok we have a magura test rig with a pressure gauge on it. http://tnnengineering.com/15701/16101.html With the old skool magura lever (but still the same piston size as the current HS33) and the short two finger lever. We can achieve over 1000psi with one finger if you used two fingers and had a 4 finger lever 2000psi is certainly realistic. Where or not your frames is stiff enough is another question. When it comes to your magura set up there's no such thing as stiff enough.