Onza Comp 09 Set Up

HeeeKam

Hey everyone, i used to ride bmx but ive recently just bought an onza comp 09 model.. it rides ok on the control side of things but it kills my shoulders to get up walls or benches, like the geometry is all wrong for my size as im 5ft11?

I tried adjusting the bars which made it abit better but not great.. is there any tall mo'fos out there that know of a good bar and stem set up for a tall guy on a 20"?

And would making it longer with curved forks help make it feel and ride better too?

any info welcome.. thanks in advance, Rob.

Hey everyone, i used to ride bmx but ive recently just bought an onza comp 09 model.. it rides ok on the control side of things but it kills my shoulders to get up walls or benches, like the geometry is all wrong for my size as im 5ft11?

I tried adjusting the bars which made it abit better but not great.. is there any tall mo'fos out there that know of a good bar and stem set up for a tall guy on a 20"?

And would making it longer with curved forks help make it feel and ride better too?

any info welcome.. thanks in advance, Rob.

It doesn't matter if the forks are curved or straight, it's the geo of the forks that matter.

I'm guessing you have standard Onza forks, bar and stem? In which case it may be down to the extra weight, as those forks are nearly double the weight of some Echo Lites, and that bar and stem combo is definately the nastiest I've ever used. :P

I'd get some Echo Lites, and a fairly mid height stem like an Echo Team or a Try-All, and some fairly high bars like some Try-All rage or Monty TI.

It doesn't matter if the forks are curved or straight, it's the geo of the forks that matter.

I'm guessing you have standard Onza forks, bar and stem? In which case it may be down to the extra weight, as those forks are nearly double the weight of some Echo Lites, and that bar and stem combo is definately the nastiest I've ever used. :P

I'd get some Echo Lites, and a fairly mid height stem like an Echo Team or a Try-All, and some fairly high bars like some Try-All rage or Monty TI.

Thanks for your help.. yes its all standard ATM but ive just ordered some forks, bars and stem from tarty.. so it should shave a few pounds and hopefully ill be able to ride it abit better!

Rob.

Well ive gone for the.. trialtech sport riser bars, try-all NUC stem, v!z curved blade 4bolt forks and also treated it to an echo brake booster as the frame has alot of flex! Ill get some pics up on thursday when they come and if its nice ill tell you how she rides too!

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

My new parts came today.. WOOOHOOOO! Put the bike together and had a little play in the garden, felt abit weird as not used to it and still need to adjust things into place.. set brakes up better etc. but the front end feels super light now and i can really launch it off the ground now too!

I hope the pic's work.. let me know what you think ;)

Rob.

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

My new parts came today.. WOOOHOOOO! Put the bike together and had a little play in the garden, felt abit weird as not used to it and still need to adjust things into place.. set brakes up better etc. but the front end feels super light now and i can really launch it off the ground now too!

I hope the pic's work.. let me know what you think ;)

Rob.

That looks sweet! I really want to copy you know :) How much did the new parts cost all toghter? Hope it rides well and you get used to it :)

Liam

Thanks.. but dont copy :P haha erm it all came up to about £260 but i did get some other little bits n bobs, have a look on tartybikes website.. its all on there!

And as for the ride.. Its MINT!! But i cant ride very well ATM because before i had the brake booster the rear brake would often slip and i landed HARD on my tail bone!! OUCH!!

As soon as my ass sorts its self out ill be out on it all the time!

Rob.

Thanks.. but dont copy :P haha erm it all came up to about £260 but i did get some other little bits n bobs, have a look on tartybikes website.. its all on there!

And as for the ride.. Its MINT!! But i cant ride very well ATM because before i had the brake booster the rear brake would often slip and i landed HARD on my tail bone!! OUCH!!

As soon as my ass sorts its self out ill be out on it all the time!

Rob.

Its alright i'm going for an onza blade cheaper so i might have some money to customize it with. But no way am i spending as much as you upgading lol you could have bought an extra bike with that much.

Haha sorry.. maybe i should have looked at your profile first to see your only 11, it may seem like a lot of money little man but as you get older you could be earning twice as much as that a week, but ONLY if you work hard at school! ;)

Rob.

Lol working hard at school = a job so you can buy (what I think of as expensive) trials bike parts lol i will remember that

Liam