Help! Pedal Kick

Jake.

I can get onto my rear wheel, hop on the spot for long enough to position myself for a pedal kick. When I try to do a pedal kick I end up pushing the bottom of the bike away from me and jumping off wacko.gif

Any tips?

I think I'm holding the brake and finding it difficult to let go... Any good ways to get around this?

Help would be VERY much appreciated

Jake :deej:

when i was learning to pedal kick I was worried about pedal slipping so I wore shin pads, after that I was more confident and then eventually I learnt to pedal hop. So try wearing some protection if you think confidence is the problem.

I have shin pads, they're too tight and they annoy me. I feel better without them, thanks for saying though. :D

If you are pedalling yourself off the back of the bike, you need to lean forward more. Get on the back wheel, then when you're comfortable that you aren't going to fall sideways, let the front end drop slightly. Once it gets too low to pull back, that's when you make the pedal hop.

If you are pedalling yourself off the back of the bike, you need to lean forward more. Get on the back wheel, then when you're comfortable that you aren't going to fall sideways, let the front end drop slightly. Once it gets too low to pull back, that's when you make the pedal hop.

Thanks!! I'm not pedalling myself off the back of my bike though... What I am doing is when I do the kick the bike goes without me :(

I guess all I need is practice? :D

OK, it sounds like your weight is in the wrong place. Let the front end drop, but don't hold your weight back over or behind the rear axle. Your weight should move forward slightly as the front end drops, so that when you jump, you are giving your body forward momentum.