George.E

Basically my drive system is pathetic :lol:

• My frame is an Echo Lite 07
    • Echo TR hub with Echo TR snail cams
    • KHE collapse 1/8 chain
    • A 12t sprocket on the rear
    • The old Tesnsile 18t freewheel on the front

Right -

First off, with my frame am I ment to run my snail cams on the inside off the frame or the outside ?

I have been running the cams on the outside lol.

Secondly - Iv taken out as much links from the chain as it will let me to fit on the sprokets, I tension the snail cams as far as they will go and I get hardly any tension on the chain.

There is enough room to take one link out but as you know that isn't possible ha.

Can anyone tell me what to do or any ideas ?

Thanks guys I would love some help :P

George

Edited by Echo lite 94

Run the cams on the inside, but that wont make a difference to your chain tension, get some bigger snail cams, or put washers on the snail cam bolts.

Thanks for that, an ok I will try that and I thought the TR cams were some of the biggest ?

What will washers do when there on the snail cam bolts ?

Thanks for that, an ok I will try that and I thought the TR cams were some of the biggest ?

What will washers do when there on the snail cam bolts ?

if you put say 5mm washers inside of the bolt and frame, it will act as a bigger bolt head, for the snail cam to push up against, this giving u 5mm more chain tension, doesnt sound alot, but it is lol.

if you put say 5mm washers inside of the bolt and frame, it will act as a bigger bolt head, for the snail cam to push up against, this giving u 5mm more chain tension, doesnt sound alot, but it is lol.

Someone sticky that!!! Just tried it and at last i have my bike properly set up! Never though of it my self!

A steel washer is best really

Cheers mate that sounds like that will fix my problem because Im not even running washers behind my bolts.

Thanks a lot, I will try it later on.

I have this problem aswell with my mod czar frame and hub, when i put a washer to make the snail cam move further away the tyre rubbed on the brake pads because the wheel was so far back so im unsure of what to do now as the brake mounts dont go any further back! any sugestions..? sorry dont mean to steal your post, but i feel its related and could help you

Ok iv been out and had a go, using the snail cams on the inside of the frame i can get enought tension on the chain.

But the snail cams catch on the chain so its no good, and i can't use washers because there isn't enought axel left to go in the drop outs.

Any help would be lovely (Y).