What Size Of Bike For My 13 Year Old Son

cassbegg

Hi guys looking for a bit of help .

My 13 year old has been saving his heart out for a trials/ off road bike he is about 5foot 9 and 12 1/2 stone he has never been on a bike before but i am going to teach him . i am a road bike man so little to nothing on off roaders. can someone point in the right direction off size /style for him.

The only advice i have been given up to now is to avoid cheap jap copys.

First hello and welcome to the forum. You say of road and trials, are you sure you mean trials as in bike with no seat and impractical for anything but trials. Or do you mean a trail bike, small framed mountain bike for riding dirt jumps and generall thrashing/throwing around?

Im going to assume you mean the second of the two for now. There are plenty of bikes out there for him, what sort of price range are you looking at spending?

The Mongoose fireball is a nice little bike for the money 8 or 9 speed gears cant remeber of the top of my head, they make both a 26 inch wheeled version and a 24 inch wheeled one.

5 foot 9 he should be more then alright on a 26 inch wheeled bike but if he plans on using it for dirt jumps and the like may be more confident on a 24 inch wheeled.