Stem Selection

foxinsocks

Just bought a new (used) Toxsin bike, and im looking to change the stem it has right now. (a low rise, 100mm i believe, Toxsin stem).

The frame specs are

1095 wheelbase, +35mm bb rise, 390mm chainstays, 72degrees (i think) head angle.

I was thinking of something like 120mm. 20 degree rise - but most my friends tell me i should probably take something a bit higher.

Im an intermediate rider. 181cm tall. Got all the basic moves dialed, just need to start going bigger. Need something that will suit the bike best.

Any professional advice?

(bike picture here : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3779666/toxsin.jpg )

uploader doesnt work

Edited by foxinsocks

Change the bars and stem, there tryall bars right?. I had a Pazzaz stem and I found it really comfy, paired with Viz720 bars. You could go for Trials-tech bars, and maybe, a tryall stem with about 10-20 deg rise. It's all personal prefference though mate,

Thanks, but i'd rather start with the stem. Some bars tend to be more comfortable than others, but i think a stem affects the behavior of the bike more. (its a try-all bar, yup).

Thing is, i havnt ridden the bike yet - im from Israel, and im waiting for it to be shipped to me from the UK. So i'd rather buy a stem now, and ship it with the bike, than ship a separate package later (shipping prices are INSANE). So im gonna buy a stem either way (and if i got money left - bars too). Just need to decide which.