Brechfa Forest Opinion Poll

idlehans

16 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ride in Brechfa Forest if there was a bike trials area ?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you ride at a bike trials park if the local council provided one ?

• yes
    • no

Hiya,this is a poll in response to the thread about riding in forestry commisions.... I think it would be ineresting to see how much interest there would be and if there is enough I can show it to the local council and then maybe they might be interested in doing something about it. Brechfa Forest is 15 miles from Carmarthen in West Wales (not far from West Wales Bike Trials as it happens..) and already has four excellent mtb trails catering for the downhill/freeriders right down to family friendly routes and I think a bike trials area might be a good thing as well.It would add a little variety to the riding in wales which is mainly coastal or mountains which both offer great riding but are all on rocks or concrete (ouch). Also Brechfa is a busy place at the weekend and would be a good opportunity for people to see bike trials in a more natural environment (most of the public probably gets to see bike trials in the street where we're considered as getting in the way and/or being antisocial) .Please do the poll no matter where you live because if things like this happen then maybe it can be done in your area.We all know of places that would amazing to ride if someone decided to do something about it and got permission.

Cheers

Nick (wwbt)

Edited by idlehans

Hiya,this is a poll in response to the thread about riding in forestry commisions.... I think it would be ineresting to see how much interest there would be and if there is enough I can show it to the local council and then maybe they might be interested in doing something about it. Please do the poll no matter where you live because this may result in getting biketrials parks set up in other places as well.

Cheers

Nick (wwbt)

sounds awomse surley be a good place to hold a comp aswell?

• 5 months later...

Hiya,this is a poll in response to the thread about riding in forestry commisions.... I think it would be ineresting to see how much interest there would be and if there is enough I can show it to the local council and then maybe they might be interested in doing something about it. Brechfa Forest is 15 miles from Carmarthen in West Wales (not far from West Wales Bike Trials as it happens..) and already has four excellent mtb trails catering for the downhill/freeriders right down to family friendly routes and I think a bike trials area might be a good thing as well.It would add a little variety to the riding in wales which is mainly coastal or mountains which both offer great riding but are all on rocks or concrete (ouch). Also Brechfa is a busy place at the weekend and would be a good opportunity for people to see bike trials in a more natural environment (most of the public probably gets to see bike trials in the street where we're considered as getting in the way and/or being antisocial) .Please do the poll no matter where you live because if things like this happen then maybe it can be done in your area.We all know of places that would amazing to ride if someone decided to do something about it and got permission.

Cheers

Nick (wwbt)

Hi My dad works for the council so he could put in a word for you and also he rides there to do mountain biking and i do trials and it would be good for trials aswell