Few Questions

Matthew_Gibson

I'm wanting to get some Tnn brake clamps, the fancy ones with out the "C" washer. I was on TNN yourube site, and he files the mounts down to get them sitting right. frame looks pretty square, but does it make that much difference? I just cannot set up brakes for shit (lol)

Another thing I dnt want a bash plate, so I'll be running a Echo bash ring (custom cut) but the thread on on the cranks is only bout half way into the free wheel, is that right? just looks a bit off putting thats all

that is all!

Thanks!!

Edited by Matthew_Gibson

I'm wanting to get some Tnn brake clamps, the fancy ones with out the "C" washer. I was on TNN yourube site, and he files the mounts down to get them sitting right. frame looks pretty square, but does it make that much difference? I just cannot set up brakes for shit (lol)

Another thing I dnt want a bash plate, so I'll be running a Echo bash ring (custom cut) but the thread on on the cranks is only bout half way into the free wheel, is that right? just looks a bit off putting thats all

that is all!

Thanks!!

I run the TNN clamps with no booster on my Onza Ice with the TNN Belaey pads and it works a treat.

My frame was actually the one that got filed down in the video. How much it helps really depends on the alignment of your frame. My Ice was out by a little bit which was noticeable if you looked for it. Even before filing the frame my brake (with LGMs at the time) had worked very well, it just took a bit of bedding in, which you expect with the LGMs anyway. Certainly worth doing if you want the setup dialed.

With the filed mounts and the Belaey pads my bed in was pretty much instant.

that is all!

Thanks!!

What freewheel are you using?

Also have a look at how many threads there are with the freewheel off but with the bash ring on the crank arm, the recomended for an Eno is 9 but they have a large thread diameter so you may be able to get away with less if the freewheel is a good fit.