My Zoo Piranha

smithy2050

"here goes the newbie talking bollocks!"

i thought it was a Pitbull too, because the Piranha's are pretty damn expensive and I don't think they were around in 08..

but, I've looked at photos of every Pitbull i could find, and none of them seem to have 2 supports running up from the crankcase between the frame.

They all have 1, like this:

08_zoo_pitbull_frame_26_135.jpg

whereas mine has 2, like this:

post-26950-074516700 1282249794_thumb.pn

.. a bit like a Piranha.. not claiming it's a Piranha (not at the price I paid haha!) but i don't think it's a Pitbull either

hmm..

mines 2009 got it early this year an almost finished getting it the way i want it just need to change the front wheel an hub

The pitbull design varies a bit year to year.

Hopefully it's not just some other balls frame...

Hmm, guess we'll have to wait and see. Haven't heard from him yet. I'm fairly sure its something from the Zoo family, in which case I'm not at all bothered! Whereas, if it isn't a Zoo frame, I just won't take it off him.. it was after all titled 'Zoo Trial Bike'!! The mysteriousness of this bike has me even more excited now :)

.. what definitely doesn't help is how pants the Zoo/Echo websites are!

I don't actually think it's a Zoo! IF it is, however, it's an 03 OR 04 pitbull.

spot on the money, worked out later that its an 04 pitbull... wasn't looking back far enough.

8640553.jpg?478

Seller claims the bike is 'just over 2 years old'... telling the truth? could it be possible that the pitbull frame went unchanged from the 04 design till the 07 design?

could it be possible that the pitbull frame went unchanged from the 04 design till the 07 design?

No, each year had a slight revision.

It's possible he bought it from somewhere two years ago that still had an old one in stock though. Selectbikes sometimes have old frames in stock for a bit.

No, each year had a slight revision.

It's possible he bought it from somewhere two years ago that still had an old one in stock though. Selectbikes sometimes have old frames in stock for a bit.

Fair enough, I'm just glad its not a totally different brand all together as we feared it might be! And lets be honest, at the price I paid, it can even be 6 years old and still be a good deal.. after all, all I'm gonna be doing with it for a very long time is learning to trackstand! ;)

Seller claims the bike is 'just over 2 years old'... telling the truth? could it be possible that the pitbull frame went unchanged from the 04 design till the 07 design?

Nope, lies. Although, he could have meant he's had it for 2 years. But even so, the frame is still 6 years old. '04-'07 saw 4 different Pitbull designs.

Edited by Ben John-Hynes