Starting With Trial

fsfd

Nice forum!

I and my brother have decided to start trialing so I'd like some questions answered :)

From what I've read a 20'' bike would suit me as a glove but my brother is thinking of fixing up our dirtbike ( http://archive.giant-bicycles.com/uk/030.000.000/030.010.000.asp?year=2006&model=10271 ) to use as a bit of a trial bike. How would it compare to a 26''?

What does the learning curve look like? I can barely do a wheelie :$ so I'm wondering how much time it would take to learn how to first stand still, then get some balance on the individual wheels.

What do you think of this bike for a guy who wouldn't like to buy a new one in a year or so because he needs something better?

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?product_id=10989&category_id=10

Thans for the quick reply.

Would the onza last as long as the yaabaa? How does the feel to the bikes compare?

The price is significantly lower though.

I can't even pretend to know whether the specs are good or not so I appreciate the help :)

Thans for the quick reply.

Would the onza last as long as the yaabaa? How does the feel to the bikes compare?

The price is significantly lower though.

I can't even pretend to know whether the specs are good or not so I appreciate the help :)

not really sure. ive been on the onza and its really nice and flicky. never been on the yaabaa sorry.

they both have vee's . I chose it for you as there good learners bikes . maybe go for a onza bird as a front disc aswell.

both good learner bikes..

down to how much you wanna spend. e.g a onza blade is £530 ., but it has hs33@s and disc..

hope im helping ..

matt

Dude for that sort of money you would get something much better on e-bay.

If you are determined to buy a new bike, get the best you can afford or a dead cheap bike, don't go in between if you get me.

The rip as said above is good for a beginner as are all the onzas but even for that price you can pick up a much better bike on ebay.

Click here

And then:

Then click here

You're probably right. There doesn't seem to be any apparent difference between them that would be worth that much more money. :)

As for disk versus v's though. Are disks always considered to be better or is it a matter of choice? For regular bikes, v's have never bothered me but in trial it's really important that the wheels hold completely still.

Dude for that sort of money you would get something much better on e-bay.

If you are determined to buy a new bike, get the best you can afford or a dead cheap bike, don't go in between if you get me.

The rip as said above is good for a beginner as are all the onzas but even for that price you can pick up a much better bike on ebay.

Click here

And then:

Then click here

Problem is that i live in Sweden. Wouldn't I have to come and pick it up? :ermm:

In the swedish equivalent I couldn't find anything much, atleast not close to my location.

Do you know if rock and roll bikes ship to sweden? Otherwise It only leaves tartybikes (right?).

Edited by fsfd

Problem is that i live in Sweden. Wouldn't I have to come and pick it up? :ermm:

In the swedish equivalent I couldn't find anything much, atleast not close to my location.

Always ask on ebay.. although my experience is with other types of items on ebay, sometimes, if you offer an attractive amount of $$$, people will go out of their way and post as far as Nigeria.. but maybe first go to the Royal Mail website to work out (roughly) how much postage to Sweden would be... remember, you could ask the seller to disassemble it to fit in a smaller box.

A few years ago I convinced a seller on ebay to arrange transport for me on a Vespa from Plymouth to London.. for £50 B)

Tartybikes send internationally i think..

Yea, tarty would send it to me for 20£. So that's my primary choice. And I'm probably going with the onza rip, although it costs alot more on tarty then on R&R bikes.

I'll try to find out if R&R bikes ship to Sweden.

If someone could please answer my other questions in the official post I'd be very thankful :)

Yea, tarty would send it to me for 20£. So that's my primary choice. And I'm probably going with the onza rip, although it costs alot more on tarty then on R&R bikes.

I'll try to find out if R&R bikes ship to Sweden.

If someone could please answer my other questions in the official post I'd be very thankful :)

give them a ring (Y) there really helpful :)

Hey, my advice would be jump on ebay or get validated and loook at the for sale section on here. You can get a much better deal and more value for money. You could get a bike that would last you alot longer for alot less (Y)

As a rule of thumb, shorter bikes are easier to learn on as they are very flicky and easier to lift the front end on. Longer the bike, further from your pivot point (the wheel) and the further you have to pull to raise the wheel.

20 inch is an ideal learner size and only once you have progressed and rode abit can you decide if you want a stock.

on the other hand you could always try a friends stock and see if it suits. Trying others is always better than going with what people say.

Of course its all just my opinion.

I think I'll pass on the ebay thing though. Sounds like it would take too much time and hassle to get one home. Not long before the winter is here :mellow:

I'll be getting an onza rip and I'll let anyone who's interested know how I progress on it :)

Thanks for the help people (Y)