Hbtc

LukeJustLuke

I used to rride there but stopped like 2 years ago i think. Was hoping to get back into it next season :\. Is it closing? Terry used to run it so well :o. Would love for the club to carry on. Im happy to help where i can.

Edited by Jon Alty

According to the site, Terry still has the ACU licence just incase anyone decides they do want to take it over. Would be great if someone did. :)

Hmm Jake. I live in totton, went to Hounsdown, however now at Brock college. Meet up some time for a ride?

Edited by Jon Alty

According to the site, Terry still has the ACU licence just incase anyone decides they do want to take it over. Would be great if someone did. :)

I was kinda' thinking about it! Just seeing if anyone else had thought about it , and if anyone knew what is needed to run it etc etc. It seems such a shame to let it go! Terry & his son were there first people to get me into riding!

Im free quite alot as my timetable at college gives me quite alot of free time. Added you on FB.

Also its nothing to do with this thread really but good to know that there are some local riders! Brockenhurst being like 3mins away from me!

I was kinda' thinking about it! Just seeing if anyone else had thought about it , and if anyone knew what is needed to run it etc etc. It seems such a shame to let it go! Terry & his son were there first people to get me into riding!

Also its nothing to do with this thread really but good to know that there are some local riders! Brockenhurst being like 3mins away from me!

Yeh, brock is like 20 mins from me, but im there every week day, and im down in lymmington playing hockey at Priestlands school on Monday/Wednesday :P If you do take the club over, id be happy to help where i can, however i have no idea what is involved :(.

Its good to know there are people willing to help out!! I guess just need to ask Terry what's involved , thinking about it there must be a lot with insurances and finding venues etc etc then there's running on the day!! Its never ending!!

I would have imagined that insurance is covered by the ACU isnt it? I thought that was the point of it :P. And yeh, i imagine organising the venue etc would be fairly hard. To be honest there are lots of people willing to help, as long as you give some notice on the web site i think it could still work.

Theres so much to running the club, peado checks, first aid checks, every venue has to be checked or have the correct certificates, insurance stuff, you have to actually find the land and ask for the owners permission, the results and entry forms just mention a few .

Its not a thing that can be organised in a few evenings is a full time thing.

Is a real shame,

spose its a good thing for other clubs like essex though they should have some better turn outs now.

Theres so much to running the club, peado checks, first aid checks, every venue has to be checked or have the correct certificates, insurance stuff, you have to actually find the land and ask for the owners permission, the results and entry forms just mention a few .

Its not a thing that can be organised in a few evenings is a full time thing.

Is a real shame,

spose its a good thing for other clubs like essex though they should have some better turn outs now.

Is Essex bike trial club the closest to hampshire? Essex is like 2 hours + drive from here which is a bit far for me to go :S

Theres crowthorne-ct club there a new club i dont really know much about but yeah essex is the only one a properly know about,

have i riden with you before? i live in eastleigh just outside southampton

I think i started in 2006 or something, and rode 2006 season + 2007 season + the first trial of the 2008 season. I then quit for 2 and a bit years as my trials partner went to university so i had no real friends to ride with, and have just recently come back to trials (bought a new stock for fun) and was hoping to compete next year :(. I didnt really make friends with that many people at HBTC as i was like 14 :L but you probably encountered + spoke with me, im quite friendly and chatty :P.

Edited by Jon Alty

At least this thread is bring some locla south riders together! Im like 15 / 20 mins form Hythe & southampton and have nobody to ride with here! So boys if you ever go riding hit me up!!

Im new to the forum really so havent found any local riders, except one guy i rode with on halloween. Im allways up for riding in a sorta half an hour drive radius of southampton.

Im new to the forum really so havent found any local riders, except one guy i rode with on halloween. Im allways up for riding in a sorta half an hour drive radius of southampton.

Sweet dude Im like 23 mins away from you at the speed limits in fgorce! If you go quicker your make better time! But Im not saying you should break the law!