24'' Brake Booster?

Ben H!

Hi Guys,

I'm after a booster for my Inspired, as the brake is pretty bad, There is quite a bit of flex from the brake & frame & wants to be a bit stiffer really. Not to sure wether to go for a 2 bolt one or a 4 bolt one, Also need some new brake pads as well, Some that work well on a smooth rim, Would much rather have a disc brake on the back, But no mount unfortunatly!

Any replies really appreciated,

Cheers,

Ben.

On my inspired I am running a tensile booster which is probably abit overkill but it stiffens the rear end up nicely and makes the brake feel really solid. I also run heatsink yellow pads with CNC backings on a very dead grind and I love it. Not overly grabby which makes using the brake while manualing abit easier and It has plenty of hold. It's pretty quiet aswell which is a bonus.

Edited by Mikee

I'm personally running a Tensile 4-bolt brake booster with heatsink yellow cnc pads and the brake is just fantastic!Power and bite without flex!I would recommend heatsink yellow pads for a smooth rim.As for the booster you can go even with a 2-bolt or a 4-bolt.The tensile is the stiffest one out there, but if you want a light and affordable one go with the 2-bolt trialtech!

Thanks very much guys, Much appreciated.

Not to sure wether to go for this? http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/2bolt_boosters/trialtech_sport_2bolt_booster/c104p10739.html

Or this? http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/4bolt_boosters/tensile_4bolt/c3p10031.html

Will both of these fit the Inspired Frame?

Cheers.

Edited by Ben H!

Thanks very much guys, Much appreciated.

Not to sure wether to go for this? http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/2bolt_boosters/trialtech_sport_2bolt_booster/c104p10739.html

Or this? http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/4bolt_boosters/tensile_4bolt/c3p10031.html

Will both of these fit the Inspired Frame?

Cheers.

The trialtech one fits spacings 95-105mm and the Tensile one 90-110mm so they should be both fit on the inspired frame but please measure your spacing between your brake mounts to ensure it.

As for with one you should choose, this is up to you mostly.

I would personally go with the Trialtech one for an inspired.I think that it can eliminate the flex and keep the weight down too.

The trialtech one fits spacings 95-105mm and the Tensile one 90-110mm so they should be both fit on the inspired frame but please measure your spacing between your brake mounts to ensure it.

As for with one you should choose, this is up to you mostly.

I would personally go with the Trialtech one for an inspired.I think that it can eliminate the flex and keep the weight down too.

Your help has been fantastic

Thank you,

Ben.

I have just put the trialtech 4 bolt on the back end of my fourplay and it has stiffened it uip really well and now the brake feels much better, so that would be the one I recomend, I am running tnn lgm pads with a 4 finger lever bled on phat phluid and it feels great, not sure what to use on a smooth rim as I always have a grind.

I have just put the trialtech 4 bolt on the back end of my fourplay and it has stiffened it uip really well and now the brake feels much better, so that would be the one I recomend, I am running tnn lgm pads with a 4 finger lever bled on phat phluid and it feels great, not sure what to use on a smooth rim as I always have a grind.

Cheers once again for your advice,

Ben.