Leaky Fork Help!

crashbanggg

I think the dust/ oil seals have gone on my bike as when I compress the fork a streak of oil is left on the stanchion. Im going to replace the dust and oil seals at some point when marzocchi get back to me about sizes for the seals.

Anyway, here's my dilemma. Im wanting to go to Cannock Chase on Monday however I don't want to do this if it means f**king my forks up with mud and grit. So my question is (from looking at the pics below) are the seals f**ked enough to make bad stuff happen in my forks? It's only a very light streak but im not sure what the effects would be.

Before they're compressed:

post-26209-0-53064500-1295290457_thumb.j

After they have been compressed:

IMG_3533_1.jpg

I wouldn't worry about it at all. Oil will come out long before grit goes in. Replace the seals if you like, but if they were my forks I'd probably just make sure the oil was topped up and not dripping onto the disc...

This, i ran marzochhi's that looked much worse than that and when i serviced them they went back to being as good as new,