Beginners Bike

Herrarge

Hey guys :),

as I've never been riding a trial bike before, but really want to start riding, I need your advice! I've got some questions you might like to answer :). First of all I was wondering whether disk brakes are necessary for beginners or if v-brakes are alright to start with.

My second question is the bike itself. I have no idea of trial bikes so I wanted to ask you guys if the bike I chose is good or not.

200_zoot10.jpg

Tartybikes.co.uk - Onza Zoot 2010

I chose this bike, because it's not too expensive and still looks alright. Is it a good choice or might I choose another one?

Thanks for your advice!

Markus :)

The bike depends on what kind of riding you want to do, and vee brakes can be amazing if you get them set up right so take time to do that and the should be good.

I thought of freestyle biking which means I want to do tricks on the one hand but also be able to control the bike perfectly on the other hand. Thank you for giving me advices :)

Vee brakes are really good with the right pads (TNN LGM - Look on tarty), also grinding your rim will improve the performance of your brake no end. As for the bike, the Zoot (24" wheels) is a street based bike, for flowing BMX like moves (manuals etc), however you can still do decent trials moves with them, as seen by Danny Macaskill :P. The other 2 options are 20" wheels, or 26" wheels. Its personal preferance what sized wheels you go for, however 20" tend to be more flicky + easier on the rear wheel, where as 26" are obviously bigger and you can roll stuff easier, which can make things look very smooth.

Well if youve rid BMX before something like the Zoot would probably ideal, you can still do trials specific moves aswell as more BMX style moves, although cause its a compromise it will be a little harder but still possible

Sounds perfect! Thanks for helping me out with this :). (Y)

Personally and this is just me but if I were buying a trials bike and I'd never rode one before I would get a pure trials eg mod or stock you say you wanna ride trials and you have to be seriously good to ride a 24" like macaskill but that is just me

Go with your heart fella you only live once :)

Personally and this is just me but if I were buying a trials bike and I'd never rode one before I would get a pure trials eg mod or stock you say you wanna ride trials and you have to be seriously good to ride a 24" like macaskill but that is just me

Go with your heart fella you only live once :)

Thanks for replying. I was about to buy an Inspired bike first, but it's very expensive so I thought I might start with a cheaper one :)

Sorry for doubleposting but I didn't figure out how to edit my post.

I've got one last question according to the bike. How do I find out if the handlebars are spinnable without a limit or not? I hope you get what I mean :)

they will all be spinnable, but the front brake cable will stop it from going any further, so how far they spin will depend on your hose length. If you want them to spin freely, you could have no front brake, or run the front hose through the headset/forks.

they will all be spinnable, but the front brake cable will stop it from going any further, so how far they spin will depend on your hose length. If you want them to spin freely, you could have no front brake, or run the front hose through the headset/forks.

Alright, sounds great! :) Thank you guys for helping me so much :)

Edited by Herrarge