Hub Problems

supertrialer

Hi guys.

Well, I was building my new front wheel when I realised that the hub has a 'little' problem..if you look at the pics you can see that the hub holes, where you insert the spokes are in te same 'line.

The hole where the spoke is shouldn´t have a hole right in front of the ohter side of the hub. (sorry about my english) Is this a problem on the hub or its normal in this viz hubs??

Normal Hub

Hub Problem

Sorry about the cellphone quality.

Thanks, David

I fail to understand what you are saying at all.

Really? He's saying that the spoke holes in the flange on each side of the hub line up with each other, when they are usually offset.

The photo below shows how spoke holes should be laid out. So if you put a spoke straight through a spoke hole on one flange, it should end up in the middle of two spoke holes on the other side:

wheel9.jpg

Where as he is saying his spoke holes are not offset, so the holes on each flange line up.

I can't see it being a problem though if you have the correct length spokes, as the non-disc side of Viz hubs are usually laced radially (0 cross spoke pattern) :)

Really? He's saying that the spoke holes in the flange on each side of the hub line up with each other, when they are usually offset.

The photo below shows how spoke holes should be laid out. So if you put a spoke straight through a spoke hole on one flange, it should end up in the middle of two spoke holes on the other side:

wheel9.jpg

Where as he is saying his spoke holes are not offset, so the holes on each flange line up.

I can't see it being a problem though if you have the correct length spokes, as the non-disc side of Viz hubs are usually laced radially (0 cross spoke pattern) :)

Exactly, that's my problem..but with my hub the spokes are going to be a little bit 'unradial', I mean bent, in the radial side..

Sorry about my english, but I don't know some expressions..and thanks

Hopefully you can see what I mean by 'radial' in this photo.

ecomproductimages-image-711.jpg

On the side of the hub with no disc mount the spokes just go directly from the hub to the rim, without overlapping other spokes - this is called 'radial', or '0 cross'.

But on the side of the hub that has a disc mount the spokes overlap (or cross) other spokes. This particular pattern is called '3 cross' because if you follow one spoke from the hub to the rim it would have crossed 3 other spokes.

Understand now? If not I can try and explain again :P