What Size Helicoil?

MPfive

Just threaded the frame on my monty where the maguras attach.What size helicoil repair kit should I be looking for? M4 to replace whats broke or M5 because the hole going to be bigger now its threaded?

Magura 4bolt mounts are M5 to start with.

Ok, this may come as bad news to you if you've drilled a hole for an M6 Helicoil already, but, I was talking to a friend about this the other day as some threads in my mounts are starting to strip out so I also did some searching on here and on Google/YouTube for people who have done this before, long story short its a M5 Helicoil kit that is needed for 4 bolt mounts.

Hope this has been helpful and that you sort out your mounts.

That is a great help.My only trouble now is I've already re-tapped the frame 6mm so I could go riding.I've since spoken to a mechanic friend who told me to simply by the helicoil repair for what ever size you've tapped.Which is a kind of a "no shit" answer.But better safe than sorry.I just hope the new mounts I've got coming can take a 6mm bolt.

Glad to be of some help. Most 4 bolt mounts are probably designed to fit a M5 bolt as that’s the size of the holes in the frame. However, depending on how much room there is around the slots for the bolts you could always file it out with a needle file, or carefully drill the slot out with a 6mm drill so the larger bolts fit, that should solve that problem if done well and carefully.