Back In The Game!

lozallen

so 7 years after i stopped riding trials (still riding XC to stay fit) i have decided to get back into it. initialy i was shocked about how much trials has moved forward with all the components now trials specific and companies such as supercycles coming back with rock'n'roll and tarty bikes offering such an easy to use website and service. back when i used to ride we had to make do with what we had (mag 4 bolt mounts had only just come in :-) ) i think its brilliant that its much easier to source parts and advice now.

anyway, the short story is, i wanted to build a new starter bike to get back into it so made the 250 mile round trip to nottingham to see the guys at rock'n'roll bikes and didnt leave empty handed :-) let me know what you think guys.

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1260.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg

and yes, i do work for Halfords, but im not a numpty like the rest of us. 1st ride out and i snapped the chain tentioner already. trialtech dual jockey wheel tentioner should be arriving today from tarty so i can carry on riding. cant wait. havent lost as much as i thought i would have. its just like riding a bike.

congrats on getting possibly the heaviest forks ever made :lol:

built to a budget, once i get back into it/IF i get back into it then upgrades arnt a problem.

stem wise,was recomended. seem to be getting along with it ok. you think too short?

fair enough if it's to a budget.

Stem wise, I am not sure what the reach is on the frame, but I don't think it's huge, that stem will be great if you like to bunnyhop and spin, but you may find it a bit cramped for big gaps and stuff.

cool. something to think about

forgot to mention. got a few goodies from tarty delivered this morning. one of them being the trialtech chain tensioner. MUCH better than the snapped onza fixed jobbie that i had. confidence has been restored in pedal kicks now :shifty:

IMG_1267.jpg