Anyone From Northampton?

Will.goulbourne

Yo, I'm from Daventry man just down the road and I will also be up for riding sometime. Actually I think I'm in Northampton this weekend at some point to drop a bike part off might come ride. Anychance I can get your Phone number or facebook or whatever?

I'm from Northampton yes, but i certainly don't live there.

I grew up there so know the town very well. I'll be honest...riding is exceptionally limited. If you're popping out for an evening after school/work you'll be okay but if you've got a free day then you'd be much better off hopping on the train to MK for a couple of quid where there's a lot more variety and much more space.

One of the strangest things about Northampton is that there are no open spaces in the town centre so it means any riding is strictly limited to being roadside which isn't much fun.

None of the parks have anything to ride but Abington park is your best bet. I've got many fond memories of chilled out rides there as there's a weird mud hill in one which you can get some speed off which leads to a shitty road jump - but still good, clean fun. in the second section of the park there's a wooded section behind all the metal railings which offers a few gap jumps over the stream. It's all very rooty, but good for practicing your natural skills.

The town centre literally has next to nothing to ride, you're going to have to do some decent exploring...

Actually there is one place that's quite good but it's difficult to ride there. If you head to the Park campus of the Northampton Uni (opposite the racecourse) down amongst all the uni buildings are a few good lines and obstacles. You'll often get kicked off but is worth a shot.