Confidence?

matthew_coggan

I have just bought another Trials bike after selling up just over a year ago, and i feel like a totally different rider before i used to look at everything and just think FOOK IT! and go for it. But now before i do anything I seem scared, and can't help but think am gonna fall off.

I no am not as good as i was, but when i go for something I can still do it once I have built up my confidence. I just hate the fact that am always worried when riding now, and before quiting its something that didn't happened. But i did used to ride mod and my new bike is stock!

So has anyone else had this issue?

And if so did you overcome it?

I was the same. I use to ride stock back in 2008 then changed to mod in 2010. I use to ride the same places on both bikes, and in my head I couldn't do it, because I was on a different bike. But once I got use to the bike, felt more confident on it, and with myself. I just got on with it!

only advice I can give is get use to the bike, might take a while. But once you know how to handle it, it will become second nature!

I went from riding a "long" bike (onza Ice) to a "short" bike (monty 221) its 20mm! Buts it rides to different! I'm just getting use to it! after 3 months!

Also think you CAN do it! rather that "oh but what if....."

Just keep at it fella! :)

It's just one of those inevitabilities as you get older, I'm sure that if I could have started trials when I was around 12-13 then I would be a lot better than what I am now.

The thing that keeps me driven is understanding the risk, weighing up pros and cons etc. Each time I come back to myself with the argument that trials is so much safer than other action sports due to the amount of static moves, unless you have an almost BMX like style then there is very little chance of having a crash that will be exaggerated by speed/momentum.

I'm 20 and I'm nearly on the transitional point which for many is the start of their adult life (i.e settling down, not going out as much, full time work etc). People may argue that this happens at different ages due to personal circumstances and such but I feel this is still coming at some point, irregardless of when. As a result I try and push myself knowing that each day might be the last proper trials ride I have whilst I'm still relatively young.