Cranks Creak When Tightening.

Blake

Basically my cranks creak an click a hell of a lot when i'm tightening them up and also creak a bit when i'm riding, i'm aware it could be my bottom bracket when i'm riding but what is it when i'm tightening?

Thanks!

Do u have a small amount of grease on ur splines as one of the most comman cause of creaking from isis cranks is the interace of the splines also if u remove ur bb and aply a small amount to the threads of the bb cups this can also help with creaking

How long have u had the cranks and how tight do u normally tighten them are they forged oor machined if there forged cranks and u do them silly tight chanche are thet the tapers in the arms may have strecthed or become deformed when u look at the taper on ur crank arms from the back is there any deformaty eg all the edges should be straight and flat if not then there lies ur problem

nahh its fine! :) this happened to me recently. i had to change my cranks the other week so if you had to change yours it should be the same thing. all i did was without taking the crank off i just put some grease on it and then ride my bike round then put some more on then it was fine after that

hope this helps :)

• Like 1

nahh its fine! :) this happened to me recently. i had to change my cranks the other week so if you had to change yours it should be the same thing. all i did was without taking the crank off i just put some grease on it and then ride my bike round then put some more on then it was fine after that

hope this helps :)

Thank you very much!

I will just spray the crank with some sort of lubricant then :)