New Forks

1337 Trials

Hello.

Im in need of some new forks and im wondering what I can get for my current forks in order to put the money towards the new forks.

Im looking at selling 150mm bomber drop off's and they do top out quite harshly. Ive never done work on forks before so I have never wanted to take them apart and fix it.

As my frame has a recommended maximum fork length of 130mm I think it is im thinking of getting some forks which go from 110mm ish up to 140/150mm? Even though I shouldn't use above 130mm I don't ride big but I will also be getting a new frame hopefully soon after I get the new forks which can run up to 150mm forks.

Question 1: What could I get for my bomber drop offs 150mm ?

Question 2: I don't want to spend over £200 second hand on new forks so what would you recommend which I can adjust the travel?

Its a shame as my mate is selling some rockshox domains but there the large steerer tube and through axel so ide need a new wheel, stem and frame if I bought them :(

Thanks

Get the dropoffs serviced. It should cost around £100 and have them running as new.

Older marzocchi forks use an open oil bath damper which is heavy but the mist relable setup you can get.

You should get around £60-90 for your forks

A good fork for 200 ish 2nd hand would be pike uturn air, or marzocchi 66

you wouldnt need a new frame for the domains, just a new 1.5 headset, the domains might have too much travel for your frame though as there 180mm and you frame is 130mm recommended..what kind of bike is it? id agree with dez, get your forks serviced, marzocchis go forever if you get them services every so often, there pretty simple to work at too, theres plenty of demo on youtube if you fancy having a go at it yourself

Might have ago at servicing them myself. Need to find a video on how to stop the topping out then ile be sorted and thats £100/£200 saved for something else. I think ile be in need of new cranks soon as every now and then I feel a little slip in the crank arm (currently running truativ howitzer).

I could do with a more mtb style frame. I think mine is only 14" (da bomb grenade) and I put the seat all the way up on it as I use it for just riding and not jumps/tricks.

Edited by 1337 Trials

• 2 weeks later...