Trails

Stickley92

Hey people hope everyone is well. I'm brand new into trials biking and I just wondered what sites or apps people use to find trails near themselves. 

I'm also struggling in where to start, I want to ride downhill trails with the jumps and obstacles. I full understand I'm way off this yet but if anyone has a guidance where to start, I.e just flat MBT trails my ears are open. 

Also I'm in Cheshire so if anyone has any recommendations that would be appreciated. 

Cheers

Before the lovely smart phone, one would jump on their bicycle and ride around looking for everything. Now we can use these “search engines” , in america there is an app called mtb projects that shows trails.. but only big popular ones. Trailblaze your own way, look for public land, in the 90s I’d just ride through woods and hit many branches with my face. Or ride on private land until you get caught. Ride well, don’t get caught. Good motivation for speed and agility.  Search for singletrack, parks, horse trails. Bicycles may not be legal in certain heavy  traffic runner / equestrian spots.

Modern Trials bikes are not the best on trails. Modern trail bikes are pretty good at trials. A street bike is decent at most stuff, don’t have to pull your back to bunnyhop 3 feet- rolls over obstacles and turns normally.

What Trial bike do you have ? 

edit: added the largest green area i could see near cheshire, a few parks and golf clubs (night riding) near the city center. One skate park as well. Check your maps, switch to satellite and look for trails.. good luck and have fun.

CA601452-EBFC-49A9-8EE0-67EFB7BC09C1.jpeg

88CEF70C-831A-495F-87E9-249287F71C7A.jpeg

Edited by AndyT
  • Like 1