What Pads (v And Maggie)

thechink

For my front V I use avid RW2 pads, they are very nice, long lasting, lots of bite and modulation also. They are also cartridge pads which is a plus.

For my rear magura I use plazmatic CRM pads available from EZTrials for £16. OK modulation but I prefer on/off style brakes myself anyway. Lots of hold, no slide at all if rim is clean.

Noz.

Vee brake:

Plazmatic CRV pads - expensive, price varies from shop to shop, check eztrials

Extremely grabby on clean rims, modulate a fair bit on ground rims, last a fair while if not dragged, rubber is very thin, backing is really fat. Metal backings, red or yellow rubber (depends on the shop, the trialsin' shop in Canada stocks the red ones if the red floats your boat).

Plazmatic V-fly pads - cheaper than CRV, check eztrials.

Grabby on ground rims, modulate a bit better than the CRV on clean rims (running them front on a clean rim, rear on grind). Holds well on either surface, works better in the wet on a grind than a smooth rim. Pads are squishier than the CRV, you might even see the pads squish under the brake power. (Y) Good pads for the price, a bit thicker rubber than the CRV which is always good.

I've used the CRV pads before, they're really nice on both grind and smooth, and am currently using the V-fly pads front and rear.. They both squeak a fair bit on clean rims, but tend to get more silent on a grind. Great pads to sum it up, best vee pads I've tried yet.

Rear magura monty hydra pads, little bit of tar work good in the dry no break @ all in the wet, no modulation but super grabby, also I tried last night a monty pad on one side and a black one on the other result, best break I've ever rode with (Y)

• 2 months later...
Guest mitch

I use the standard pads with small bit of tar every now and then..not noiesy and holds a treat..cheap too.(on cd d521 if that means anything) don't know wat the fuss is about lol (Y)